+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White Arrow ApSCR

RBW Member MTUREK is an unknown quantity at this point MTUREK's Avatar

White Arrow ApSCR

Hello to all.
    I am looking for more info on the White Arrow RB. I have seen the website and called Nick as well but would like to know if somebody have more personal experience. I am not breather diver. I dived the Optima with Lamar when they first released the unit in 2006 and dived the Sidekick and Sidewinder recently. They are all OK units but I am kind of attracted to the PSCR simple design. Per Nick the WA unit can be modified as mCCR and eCCR with the manufacturer kits as well so it has some potential as the diver progresses or has different needs. Anyway all the inputs are appreciated. Nice day

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: White Arrow ApSCR

isn't it just another RB80 clone, with the same horrible WOB in all positions other than the optimal position?

Still have my SF2 and still wishing that I could have avoided it in my RB progression.

Michael

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    isn't it just another RB80 clone, with the same horrible WOB in all positions other than the optimal position?

Still have my SF2 and still wishing that I could have avoided it in my RB progression.

Michael
    Presumably, if you sidemount it, the CL is closer to the depth of your lungs and maybe its not so bad?

RBW Member MTUREK is an unknown quantity at this point MTUREK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post

Michael
    I am familiar with SF2 and the reviews are not really that good so I believe you.
    What unit you end up diving ?

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Quote Originally Posted by MTUREK  View Original Post
    Hello to all.
    I am looking for more info on the White Arrow RB. I have seen the website and called Nick as well but would like to know if somebody have more personal experience. I am not breather diver. I dived the Optima with Lamar when they first released the unit in 2006 and dived the Sidekick and Sidewinder recently. They are all OK units but I am kind of attracted to the PSCR simple design. Per Nick the WA unit can be modified as mCCR and eCCR with the manufacturer kits as well so it has some potential as the diver progresses or has different needs. Anyway all the inputs are appreciated. Nice day
    Hi
    I think the design of the KISS rebreathers cannot be simpler and in fact it also removes, in my eyes, the complexity of gas swap with pscr. And the Sidekick has a "pscr" version :)
    Now, and just for the sake of arguing :), I don't see the connection between diver's progress and modification from scr to mccr to eccr.
    Jale

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

I have 2 pscr and 1 mccr and i do the most of the dive with the mccr (more than 95%).
    The only reason why i dive with my pscr is i try to convert it in BOB.

RBW Member elk_hound_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point elk_hound_glasgow's Avatar

I have the basic idea of what a PSCR is but what is a "Assisted-pSCR"?

RBW Member AdamG is an unknown quantity at this point AdamG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elk_hound_glasgow  View Original Post
    I have the basic idea of what a PSCR is but what is a "Assisted-pSCR"?
    I think you can manually add o2 to it.

Supporting Member Walesjoseywales is an unknown quantity at this point Walesjoseywales's Avatar
    Rb 80 nt2

I have white arrow pscr I have used it in pscr apscr mccr it breaths good I also have a rb-80 and a rb 2000 can't tell much difference in them in use trim does make a difference but the redundant gas I carry with me is the most important thing our caves are deep fast I love the all delrin materials in the white arrow unit and the modular design I like the mccr for open water ocean no rust with the delrin

+ Reply to Thread