+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NERD for primary controller ?

NERD for primary controller ?

Can a NERD be used as the primary controller and display for a divecan prism?

If it can, anybody configure it that way, any reason not to?

pike pikewashere is an unknown quantity at this point pikewashere's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: NERD for primary controller ?

Quote Originally Posted by A878bob  View Original Post
    Can a NERD be used as the primary controller and display for a divecan prism?

If it can, anybody configure it that way, any reason not to?
    Hey, not too sure about the prism, but as far as using the NERD as a primary set-point controller, not a fan. I do, however, use a nerd to monitor 2 of 5 cells on my revo, (i have kept a petrel as my SPC, and replaced my revo dreams with the NERD). Have run this set-up for about 100 hours now, and for me, it's really amazing.

Originally tried the NERD as the SPC, but found tapping the buttons so close to my face not ideal and it often pushed the device out of optimal viewing position, (not that it's hard to get it back to the right spot, just annoying). Although it's amazing how big the NERD appears and how clear and easy to read it is, I still like having the larger screen of the petrel as my main SPC.

Good luck sorting it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I do have the nerd als a spc divecan (rms) and I like it.
    All the info I need in front of me. I run it on 3 cells, 1 cell on a dream and 1 cell on a predator as back up . I kept the predator mainly for my buddy, easy to show like deco info and he can see my sp if he wants to. When diving solo I often tuck the predator behind my back.

Would not change back to wrist mounted for spc. Always all the info , also in moments where you are "working" .

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

Without can bus, could i drive the solenoid wtih a nerd ?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laphiloche  View Original Post
    Without can bus, could i drive the solenoid wtih a nerd ?
    I think the canbus is a option on the side. Best to find out is e mail shearwater. Their service is great.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread