+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VR3 URM repair and Fischer connector help

RBW Member Buzo is an unknown quantity at this point Buzo's Avatar
    Jetsam CCR

BMR500

VR3 URM repair and Fischer connector help

I am hoping someone can help out with this repair.

I have a KISS VR3 universal rebreather monitor setup with module, HUD, and pendant for 3 cell monitoring.

The Fischer connector going to the VR3 computer has been cut off at the cable. I am going to install a new connector, but first have to verify the wiring.

The Pendant works and reads all 3 sensors when hooked up through the URM center module.

I am still trying to see what I need for the discreet component in the connector.

The VR3 will not see a sensor directly connected to it bypassing the URM. I can see the sensor display flickering but it does not show an output. If I remove the sensor and connect my meter across the VR3 sensor positive and negative then I can see the display output rise, I am assuming based on the internal resistance of my meter.

I am also trying to decipher the color code if the cable from the URM module to the VR3. I am not able to trace these wires just by using a meter other than the red wire.
    it is an 8 wire cable with the following colors:

Red (This red has continuity to the ground White wire and cable shield at the sensor end of the URM)
    Blue
    Green
    Purple
    Black
    Brown (Possibly HUD)
    Yellow (Possibly HUD)
    White (Possibly HUD)
    Attached Images

RBW Member Buzo is an unknown quantity at this point Buzo's Avatar
    Jetsam CCR

BMR500

Re: VR3 URM repair and Fischer connector help

I have finally traced out the wiring for the URM using a series potentiometer (on each sensor wire) from the module to the VR3 set at 47kohm. I seem to be getting matching sensor O2 readings between the pendant and the VR3 handset. A 3.2V output from the VR3 to the module has to be wired to see a reading.

I had read in a couple of other posts that 47kohm was the magic value for the resistance. If anyone can verify this I would appreciate it. Any VR techs out there??

I can only see the O2 value on the VR3 when I am fully wired up through the URM module.

If I wire up a sensor with resistance directly to the VR3 I am not getting any read back. Does anyone know what Delta-P changed in the VR3 to work with the URM? or am I missing another resistor component in my wiring to directly read a sensor if I do not want to use the URM module?
    Last edited by Buzo; 31st December 2016 at 14:14.

+ Reply to Thread