+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 nwdesigns roll call?

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

2002 nwdesigns roll call?

I've been lurking on the old discussions and forum archives for years and wondered which divers are still active and with us under different user names.

Looking over the nwdesigns user list again I recognize 15 of the names from being a youngster two decades ago longing to be a rebreather diver and reading any literature I could find. And notice some are on here and significantly updated their gear and knowledge.

A little reminiscing about the rebreather community circa Y2K? How has the climate changed, especially now with the 'recreational' demographic marketing push?

http://www.nwdesigns.com/rebreathers/users/
    For the rest of us newcomers, it's interesting to notice the units in service circa 2002. Not an exhaustive list either.

Also curious how many of you have held on to your original breather.

As you like,
    Cameron
    Last edited by Sparedone; 11th December 2016 at 17:37.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: 2002 nwdesigns roll call?

I'm still around...lol. Bill Elliott stayed at my place about a year ago. We had a nice walk down memory lane. He's doing really well with his Granite Design equipment and software. Way cool stuff he came up with.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    I'm still around...lol. Bill Elliott stayed at my place about a year ago. We had a nice walk down memory lane. He's doing really well with his Granite Design equipment and software. Way cool stuff he came up with.
    Now that must have been good!

Just came across this yesterday....
    http://www.nwdesigns.com/rebreathers...oponicBill.htm

Still got your Mark 15.75? I borrowed some plumbing ideas from it's introductory writeup last year. So thanks a couple decades later.

Cheers,
    Cameron

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    Now that must have been good!

Just came across this yesterday....
    http://www.nwdesigns.com/rebreathers...oponicBill.htm

Still got your Mark 15.75? I borrowed some plumbing ideas from it's introductory writeup last year. So thanks a couple decades later.

Cheers,
    Cameron
    Cameron - you'd be shocked at what my collection has grown to...

Bill was great - we polished off a bottle of Chivas, as i recall... Bill is a big man... I have trouble keeping up...

Great shot of Bill... I need to find the shots of him and his pal, Mitch, with me and McKenny in Fiji.. Entering Caves before there was formal training for that kind of madness... We made a film about it:

https://youtu.be/I5DFZFxiGG8

This aired on Discovery Channel for a couple of years... Good times...

I miss the old days. Much simpler times...

Thanks for bringing up this thread - Bill and his brother, Paul were the earliest guys to provide a dedicated forum to the nascent CCR movement in the world. Lots of "interesting" conversations went on there. GIII would pop up every now and again and remind us that we were a bunch of Strokes and Sword-Swallowers... I miss ol' George....

Kevin.

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Still around. Still building. Mostly lurked on 'the list'.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Lots of "interesting" conversations went on there. GIII would pop up every now and again and remind us that we were a bunch of Strokes and Sword-Swallowers... I miss ol' George....

Kevin.

The internet isn't what it used to be

King of the Geeks
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    The internet isn't what it used to be
    I sorta miss the days when you could ask a question like "Hey everyone, should I use 10/50 or 15/65 for my dive" and you'd get 3 monster paragraphs about why you should call your mom first and say goodbye, then hand your dad the shovel to bury your stroke ass with before you jump in...

T'was a good time to be a Tech Diver... (used that term on purpose - that would get your FOUR paragraphs...)...

Kevin.