+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australia: rebreather friendly dive shops in Sydney

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Australia: rebreather friendly dive shops in Sydney

hi folks!

Looking at potentially travelling to Sydney, or even relocating there at some point!
    I am seeking advice from the locals: any rebreather friendly operation which you could recommend?

My essential needs would be to fill in my O2 tanks.
    A bonus would be some boat dives where rebreathers would be 1/ welcome and 2/allowed to stay longer than 1 hour underwater :)

thanks in advance for any advice!

cheers
    Nicolas

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Re: Australia: rebreather friendly dive shops in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    hi folks!

Looking at potentially travelling to Sydney, or even relocating there at some point!
    I am seeking advice from the locals: any rebreather friendly operation which you could recommend?

My essential needs would be to fill in my O2 tanks.
    A bonus would be some boat dives where rebreathers would be 1/ welcome and 2/allowed to stay longer than 1 hour underwater :)

thanks in advance for any advice!

cheers
    Nicolas
    Welcome mate, we have everything you require.

Drop me a email

Barry@southerncrossdivers.com.au

Regards Baz

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Baz above is the only game in town worth a damn in regards to CCRs. Runs a fine water taxi service on weekend mornings out to the wrecks too.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Thanks both, and though i didn't re-post here, i have already exchanged emails with Baz ;)
    Any other place filling in pure O2 tanks? Not that i don't want to go with him, quite the contrary, but i might not be able to afford living close enough to his shop to allow for an easy quick fill on the way to work, and google maps says that from south to north Sydney it can take 1h30 mins drive...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Welcome to the colonies ... people drive long distances out here and think nothing of it.

Its a big place - very spread out. When you consider that the nearest capital city to Perth is Singapore it gives you some gauge on the size of the place.

regards Baz

rEvo III micro FT RMS

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Welcome to the colonies ... people drive long distances out here and think nothing of it.

Its a big place - very spread out. When you consider that the nearest capital city to Perth is Singapore it gives you some gauge on the size of the place.

regards Baz
    Yes i kindof know as i've been living there for 1 year ;) not in Sydney though.

It inspired me at that time to meet people considering to visit "Europe" in 3 weeks :D

Back to the topic, being a family man (very young kids) just like my buddy is a family woman (my wife!), we can only dedicate 1 half day per week to diving (+ of course some time in the evening working on the gear). Better than nothing, and not that bad since we switched to rebreathers, qnd manage to squeeze 2 or even 3 hours of diving in that slot.
    But i'd rather not waste 2-3 hours round trip in traffic to get my tanks re-filled.
    Here in old Europe my re-fill round trip is 1 hour, and close to parks and nice places for kids. That also works well because the opening times of my local dive shop are quite practical.

So it's already a relief to see your operation as a reliable place for rebreather support, but to ease my future logisitcs, i wish there were at least one place for O2 fills, say in southern Sydney :)

+ Reply to Thread