+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Install Sitech Trigon Pee Valve, What glue

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Install Sitech Trigon Pee Valve, What glue

Hard to give advice as there are many possibilities due to the configuration you have. Post a picture, that would help. Do you have quick disconnects on both the catheter side as well as the valve side? Is it a balanced pee valve? Is the bolt (exterior knob) closed when you do the pressure test?

More specifics on what you have done as well as the setup would be good so that we can get you sorted and back to diving in style. Happy to help in any way I can.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Assuming that you are pressure testing without actually wearing the suit
    I'd suggest you block the tube that attaches to the catheter as the pressure
    will be higher inside the suit and air will escape out the pee valve if it is open,
    this is quite normal as it's how the valve works.
    I would test it with the valve closed first and then with it open.
    Hope this helps.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Hard to give advice as there are many possibilities due to the configuration you have. Post a picture, that would help. Do you have quick disconnects on both the catheter side as well as the valve side? Is it a balanced pee valve? Is the bolt (exterior knob) closed when you do the pressure test?

More specifics on what you have done as well as the setup would be good so that we can get you sorted and back to diving in style. Happy to help in any way I can.
    As i said its the Trigon pee valve, which is balanced/

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Morgan  View Original Post
    Assuming that you are pressure testing without actually wearing the suit
    I'd suggest you block the tube that attaches to the catheter as the pressure
    will be higher inside the suit and air will escape out the pee valve if it is open,
    this is quite normal as it's how the valve works.
    I would test it with the valve closed first and then with it open.
    Hope this helps.
    Its a balanced valve so when i over pressure the suit the air comes out even when the pee part is closed .

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Nubium  View Original Post
    I have done it!!!! I am leak testing the suit but the air comes out of the valve ( not around the part i glued) how do i leak test the trigon pee valve?
    looking at the sitech site the valve certainly appears to be some type of 'auto dump'. It wasn't clear how you might close it completely the way you can with bolt valves or the light monkey type where the external cover seals when closed.

Given that, the best approach is to stuff something into the part of the tube that attaches to the catheter - a golf tee or chopstick or something that would seal but not damage the tubing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2