+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Kiss Sidewinder - counterlung setup?

RBW Member elk_hound_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point elk_hound_glasgow's Avatar

Question New Kiss Sidewinder - counterlung setup?

Has anyone got some clear pictures of the counter lungs preferably without the sidemount BCD obscuring the view?

Curious how it these look and whether or not they are likely to work with various wrap around sidemount BCDs such as the Xdeep Classic, Apeks WSX, Razor Bat Wing etc?

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Re: New Kiss Sidewinder - counterlung setup?

will be testing it out shortly with the Hollis Katana and the Razor. It should be OK as wings like the Razor and xDeep lift off of your back when they're inflated. Basically the counterlung looks very similar to the xDeep wing or the early Razor wings and crosses over that way.

RBW Member elk_hound_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point elk_hound_glasgow's Avatar

I am still not clear where exactly the counter lungs sit? I am guessing there isn't much volume at the connecting pointing so most of the expansion is slightly the sides near the kidneys?

How far up or down the back to they sit with the sidewinder?

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

it depends on how big you are and where you put the unit in relation to your body. The counterlung design hasn't been finalized yet so stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004  View Original Post
    it depends on how big you are and where you put the unit in relation to your body. The counterlung design hasn't been finalized yet so stay tuned
    Looking forward to hearing more.

Still curious to see it working with wrap around BCDs, in particular the Xdeep classic. While it does lift away a bit there are bungee cords pulling at the rear and in at the sides so it follows the shape of your back. I would have thought therefore CLs and BCD would end up competing for the same space.

Good luck

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by elk_hound_glasgow  View Original Post
    Looking forward to hearing more.

Still curious to see it working with wrap around BCDs, in particular the Xdeep classic. While it does lift away a bit there are bungee cords pulling at the rear and in at the sides so it follows the shape of your back. I would have thought therefore CLs and BCD would end up competing for the same space.

Good luck

They occupy the same basic space. And bungies which hold down the wing are potentially going to compress the CLs. It was never designed to work with a harness/wing like the Xdeep or Razor. It may end up working with them eventually but I wouldn't count on it.

+ Reply to Thread