+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evolution+ question

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

Evolution+ question

This is not one of those posts where you go to the doctor and ask about a disturbing burning sensation "for a friend." This is a legit question for a legit friend that isn't me (I dive a rEvo).

I have a bud that dives an Evolution + and we have been trying to figure out a better way to get the B/O bottles to trim out better with the proprietary harness. We have tried various bungees and chokers to no avail. We have had photo sessions where we take pics of the bottles and so far none of the ideas we have come up with have been suitable regarding trimming out the bottles (al 40's &80's)

We were chatting this morning and thought we would tap in to the collective experience here to see who has had similar issues and what you came up with. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
    Don

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

Re: Evolution+ question

Is the issue the chest D ring (I doubt it) or the bottom clip off point? I would guess the chest is ok using a typical side mount style bungee. If he's clipping the bottom off to the wing that'll prob screw it up. Maybe try a butt plate of some sort? AP are about to bring out a new one with fixed rails rather than the current one with floppy D rings.

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

Thanks Vanny for the feedback. I will let him know to check out your post. I don't believe he's using a butt plate and that might be worth looking at.
    Best regards,
    Don

RBW Member catalina_mike is an unknown quantity at this point catalina_mike's Avatar
    Evolution+

Classic Inspo

I put two fixed D rings forward of the factory ones on the BC to get more horizontal positioning. I havent had a need to sling 80's however.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

FWIW, what has worked for me is similar to what Vanny said but using a Narked@90 stand with 2 x Kent Tooling "backplate rings" fixed to the bottom. This gives me a fixed place to clip the lower stage thing to. What I did find though was it also required a bit of cunning fiddling around to move the stage rigging kit slightly to pull it in tight but not to end up with the fatter cylinders getting in the way of any valves. And just for context, my unit is an Evo, not Evo+, but this works with Ali 40s, 80s and 7s.

+ Reply to Thread