+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: loop problem

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: loop problem

The recommended disinfectants for the Meg are

A mixture of Betadine and water (should resemble the colour of weak tea)
    Buddyclean
    Virkon or Virkon-S and water

Did you notice if the new hose had any of this "White Stuff" in the hose before you fitted it??

Is the hose on the Inhale or Exhale side??

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member paca_mike is an unknown quantity at this point paca_mike's Avatar
    Meg

Hi Lance
    What the color of the Betadine : red or yellow?
    How many of betadine to you drop in water ?

Thanks in advance

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by paca_mike; 15th November 2016 at 15:01.

RBW Member max.horn is an unknown quantity at this point max.horn's Avatar
    Megalodon eCCR

I use always steramine, virkon is crazy expensive, and to wash it after every dive means that i have to stop diving rebreathers..
    This white stuff is only in the loop hoses which are going from CL to dsv to CL. Other hises are clean like new.
    I have got new hoses from Dennis, yhey are like the old ones, and nothing so far. I need to check it later, cause i haven't got so many hours on this new ones yet.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by paca_mike  View Original Post
    Hi Lance
    What the color of the Betadine : red or yellow?
    How many of betadine to you drop in water ?

Thanks in advance

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Betadine is cheap and available at any Chemist AND is approved for use by ISC in the Meg/Pathfinder.

It's colour is dark brown......Nearly fill a clean bucket with fresh tap water and then add a little Betadine.......You don't need to add a lot and stir it in with the water and keep adding small amounts until you have the colour of a weak tea.

Soak the Loop and Counterlungs for 30 mins, shake and hang to dry. No need to rinse as the slight amount of residual Betadine will continue to work and will help inhibit the growth of any other nasties. It won't leave any smell or bad taste.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Betadine is pretty effective and you don't need much. Brewers (of beer) use 1.5mL/L of water to make their disinfectants. 30mins is plenty long, most of the microbial action is done within about 2 mins.

I have had any issues using the steramine tablets either, I just dunk a few times and hang to dry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2