+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why can't the spammers be controlled better

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Why can't the spammers be controlled better

I have surface interval time on my hands for the next month if another temporary spam fighter is needed on the forum.

Regards,
    Cameron

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    ....((Kevin quickly wire-transfers $$$$ to a Russian Spam-Bot company to begin massive post-blasting on RBW advertising Male Enhancement Products....))

Kevin.
    Kevin, you are a pistol!

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Thumbs down Re: Why can't the spammers be controlled better

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    What would be so hard about vetting the new members to prevent all these damn spam posts for being posted? I am sick and tired of reporting them and about ready to take an indefinite vacation for this forum to avoid them.
    Bonjour

36 tu habites dans l'indre? for these spam it's true you have reason .

Franck

Administrator mrmidhoratio@gmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point mrmidhoratio@gmail.com's Avatar
    rEvo

A quick update...we are banning the offending users and blocking IPs as fast as we can. We have also changed the human authentication process twice in the past three days. We are now using the question and answer method and we will see if that works.

Cheers,

Ken

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by mrmidhoratio@gmail.com  View Original Post
    A quick update...we are banning the offending users and blocking IPs as fast as we can. We have also changed the human authentication process twice in the past three days. We are now using the question and answer method and we will see if that works.

Cheers,

Ken
    Great work. Thank you.
    Cameron

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

First, thanks to the RBW staff for purging spam posts and the spammers.

With that said, there are now about 20 threads that always show up as having unread posts (those posts being some of the afore mentioned spam, and having now been deleted)... which seem to be stuck in the unread status, even after I go into each and every one of them.

Which leads to my question: is there any other way to mark a thread as "read"?

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

We got hit pretty hard yesterday with many spammers... One single spammer generating more than 80 posts.

On each forum there is an option to mark it as read...

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 6.56.58 PM.png

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    We got hit pretty hard yesterday with many spammers... One single spammer generating more than 80 posts.

On each forum there is an option to mark it as read...

Attachment 42423
    @DwayneJ, thanks! I knew that there was a way, but it was escaping me!

RBW Member elk_hound_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point elk_hound_glasgow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    MGB
    They're no good, hardly any space for dive gear.

I see you have been a member since 2011 yet this is your first post? Nuff said.
    My post was meant entirely lighted heartedly. However, I can see why you would be wary of a first time poster. To make up for my sins I will start posting on this forum on the CCR topics. I have a growing interest and many questions.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Hey all - Made some changes to prevent spam but some posts made their way in via sleeper accounts established over the last week... Which we fixed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast