+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arenzano Italy, a word of warning

Charley karlhaegens is an unknown quantity at this point karlhaegens's Avatar
    rEVO III micro hCCR

rEVO III standard hCCR

Angry Arenzano Italy, a word of warning

TECHDIVE ARENZANO, AN EMBARRASMENT TO THE TECHNICAL DIVING COMMUNITY
    A word of warning:
    Last Friday 21 Oct 2016, a group of 8 Belgian IANTD rebreather divers planned to dive the U455 at 120m of the coast of Genova, IT. On arrival at the site the fixed shot to the wreck had been removed by Techdive the day before. Reason? We did not book the dive with them...but with Havendiving. apparently both dive centers are at war and the clients are the victims....
    It was impossible for our skipper to find the wreck and we were forced to abandon the dive.
    The guys of Techdive were so proud of their 'accomplishment' that they felt the need to boast about it to other dive centers and to stop by our hotel in the evening to make fun of us. Needless to say I will NEVER use their services!!!

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

Re: Arenzano Italy, a word of warning

I've been in Genova a couple of times and I'm not surprised.
    Feel sorry for you.
    Mike

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

That's Bad form, Sorry to hear. Cut throat Industry for sure

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Ok, good to know, not going there then!!!

Greetings,

David

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

HammerMeg hammermeg is an unknown quantity at this point hammermeg's Avatar
    Megalodon

Sorry but I feel the need to tell what I experienced that we. I dove on Uboot with Techdive on last Saturday and when we arrived on the dive spot the line was actually missing in surface. AA assistant jump in the water to reach the line at minus 20 mt approx where the ballons are. Usually the line in areas where fisherman and bbe commercial tankers are used to navigate the line is cut at that depth to avoid they strap it away. Anyway no line was found. Thanks gps and echo the spot was found and a new line of emergency launched. Assistant diver went down and found the line at bottom with the tanks/ ballons collapsed. He worked and put the line till surface again. Finally we had to wait for almost two hours before diving but was a very good dive. Now just a few questions: how it is possible that a dive center has no gps nor emergency line on board? I have been diving several times also with Haven Diving center and I was always happy with them ( let me clarify I am not working neither making money on dive business) but as far as I know they never went before on Uboot..... I dive a lot on wrecks and many times I experienced line missing at very last moment but all dive centers know the risk and usually take an emergency line with them.. it is a matter of organizational. However this was just my experience and I think important you to know it. Techdive has always acted seriously with me and my friends. Ciao

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Do you or Haven have a mark (GPS/transit) for the wreck?

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by karlhaegens  View Original Post
    TECHDIVE ARENZANO, AN EMBARRASMENT TO THE TECHNICAL DIVING COMMUNITY
    A word of warning:
    Last Friday 21 Oct 2016, a group of 8 Belgian IANTD rebreather divers planned to dive the U455 at 120m of the coast of Genova, IT. On arrival at the site the fixed shot to the wreck had been removed by Techdive the day before. Reason? We did not book the dive with them...but with Havendiving. apparently both dive centers are at war and the clients are the victims....
    It was impossible for our skipper to find the wreck and we were forced to abandon the dive.
    The guys of Techdive were so proud of their 'accomplishment' that they felt the need to boast about it to other dive centers and to stop by our hotel in the evening to make fun of us. Needless to say I will NEVER use their services!!!

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

I would not have wanted to get into this discussion, but I can not stand that they try to discredit someone to hide their mistakes, without having any certain proof, only with their words.
    I state that I was present in Arenzano at Techdive in those days to do some diving with my students.
    It states that the other center, has never organized in the past the U455, and furthermore this once required the direct collaboration of another diving, which specializes in recreational diving and not technical.

When the other diving spread the word intentionally, that would organize a U455 dive, this has caused the amazement of everyone, including the staff of Techdive. The result was a small verbal dispute that ended with "you the down line you will not find ever."

The next day while the other group was looking for the submarine, we did dive in the morning and afternoon on the Haven wreck, with both boats, and all the staff including the owner.
    The next morning we went to our turn sul'U455, and arrived on site we tried to found the descent line for almost 30 minutes, also using a support diver, without success. At this point, a support diver go down ad fix a new line on wreck, after he recovered the other two, that had collapsed on the bottom, and at the end there were three anchors, as clearly visible on the photos and videos made a this day.
    Throughout this operation we waited almost two hours before we could start our dive.
    On this dive site, there is much passage of fishing boats, and often cut the surface bins why disturb them while fishing.
    For this reason, the bins are sunk 20 meters, to avoid the above, but also to avoid that anyone would be willing to dive on this beautiful wreck without the necessary skills, safety and support.
    Now I wonder:
    It is acceptable that a diving center organizes a very deep dive (120 meters), with no previous experience, no equipment and the necessari support divers, without having the exact gps points of the wreck, without verifying the presence of the drop line and without having a contingency plan with a new line of descent?
    How can they organize a group on a wreck like that does not take all the information necessary to ensure the safety and feasibility of the operation.
    Instead of taking responsibility for bad and dangerous organization, it was easier to try to shift all the blame to Techdive
    I understand that divers who have found themselves in the midst of this story are extremely disappointed and saddened, but they should pick on diving center and organizer for having deliberately involved in all this.

Best
    Aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

+ Reply to Thread