+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JJ

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    APD Vision, Analogue JJ Dive C

APD Classic

Re: JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    Sound for that Alby. Do you use tube weights in your unit?
    upto quite recently i used the tube weights, but i am going on more trips abroad and got fed up taking them in and out, plus it makes the unit heavy for carrying in and out of my man cave. to compensate for them and to get weight off the waist i got two bowstone 2k pockets that go on the cylinder cam belts up high and just put weights in on site.

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alby scubakitmarket  View Original Post
    upto quite recently i used the tube weights, but i am going on more trips abroad and got fed up taking them in and out, plus it makes the unit heavy for carrying in and out of my man cave. to compensate for them and to get weight off the waist i got two bowstone 2k pockets that go on the cylinder cam belts up high and just put weights in on site.
    You need to go the gym alby :)

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    CCRs dont like to breath in the head up virtical position

ATB

Mark

Except for Meg (Clive)

Agian I have dived the Meg and didnt notice it was any better or any worse than Inspo or JJ?

Kiss is bad in the virticle position

Meg has high OTS front lungs and no matter how you look at it having the lungs exposed to the chop on the surface can be an issue. SO is the physics of having the breathing bags above sholder height

Enclosed loops like the rEvo avoid the "chop" issue but again cant avoid the laws of physics.

Reguardless its an issue thats realy a non issue

Sufice as to say I have dived multiple CCR and never felt the WOB on the surface to be something id even coment on unless asked.

With the wing fully inflated, like it would be at the surface in rough water, WOB goes up, but it is hardly an issue.

Torx bit required for changing out batteries is something I have learned to bring with me on dive trips. Almost missed a dive in Presque Isle because I was too lazy to change the battery out the night before. Luckily the boat captain had a torx bit on the boat!

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    APD Vision, Analogue JJ Dive C

APD Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jstrang  View Original Post
    With the wing fully inflated, like it would be at the surface in rough water, WOB goes up, but it is hardly an issue.

Torx bit required for changing out batteries is something I have learned to bring with me on dive trips. Almost missed a dive in Presque Isle because I was too lazy to change the battery out the night before. Luckily the boat captain had a torx bit on the boat!
    yes it is torx bit called a T20 i managed to get one

alby

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

All good, Thank You to All that responded..

The JJ i Was going for - fell through and that was No problem as I just got myself back in the CCR game with a Newer version of my own Meg, Happy isn't the word...

Cheers
    Attached Images

RBW Member Tim1 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim1's Avatar
    JJ CCR, Hammerhead, Flex

Sentinel

I swapped the torx bolts for hex bolts which made life much simpler.

I moved on from my analogue JJ recently. It's been a good unit but increasingly I was becoming uncomfortable with the lack of 'modularity' and user-servicability.

The limitations of hard-wired and potted electronics cost me some dives last season so I have jumped ship to iQsub who produce units which I can mend in the field. Another aspect of the JJ which could be bettered is the recessed head in the scrubber can. This design attracts and retains debris which needs to be cleaned out before the head can be removed. The one-piece delrin head is a complex machined component which, from a fault rectification stand-point, is flawed. I do not like the t-piece attachments to the BMCLs which rely on three hex bolts.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

RBW Member capelli23 is an unknown quantity at this point capelli23's Avatar
    jj

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1  View Original Post
    I swapped the torx bolts for hex bolts which made life much simpler.

I moved on from my analogue JJ recently. It's been a good unit but increasingly I was becoming uncomfortable with the lack of 'modularity' and user-servicability.

The limitations of hard-wired and potted electronics cost me some dives last season so I have jumped ship to iQsub who produce units which I can mend in the field. Another aspect of the JJ which could be bettered is the recessed head in the scrubber can. This design attracts and retains debris which needs to be cleaned out before the head can be removed. The one-piece delrin head is a complex machined component which, from a fault rectification stand-point, is flawed. I do not like the t-piece attachments to the BMCLs which rely on three hex bolts.

I'm pretty new with the JJ, I have only 50 hours in it, so little experienced. But I suppose you refer, about hardwired and potted electronics, to the old analogic model of JJ, because the after 2014 model (Divecan, digital) permit to unplug easily the controller and the HUD, so swap is easy now. I also appreciate so much the use of disposable batteries and not inherently rechargeables (so you can change on the fly) and the Bluetooth connection (and not USB) between the controller and external computers for upgrade and download data without any other hole and/or cable, as in every new Shearwater computer.
    Anyway, I do not experimented other rebreathers, but I am very happy with my JJ. I also have seen other colleagues with other rebs (Meg, Pathfinder, various AP Diving, Sentinel and Liberty, and others) and I understand every unit have some inconveniences and a perfect one do not exist, but all are very useable. I am very happy with mine because i came from a DIR formation and a free chest (i.e. backmount lungs) is a must. I also calibrate the harness to not have any shoulder-strap "pendants", as in one-piece harness, and it works.
    Annoyances are firstly on the straps for cilynders (not so quick), but it pays for the vast sizes of bottles you can mount on, and I choose JJ also for this. Weight is another little problem for my old muscles, but is in the standard range.
    A very little annoyance are the two screws that secure the harness: they move easy and sometimes to secure the sandwich between the wing, counterlungs and plate can be difficult. But there are some fix for it: I simply put a plastic washer on the screws, thas secure them.
    My only 2 cents.

RBW Member Tim1 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim1's Avatar
    JJ CCR, Hammerhead, Flex

Sentinel

Thanks Capelli. Yes, I forgot the diveCAN version provides disconnects to the controller and HUD. You quite correctly interpreted my comments as relevant to the original analogue version. Frankly, I would still choose to own a JJ if the iQsub CCRs were not available. It's a good unit and has a good pedigree with Dave Thompson's involvement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2