+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For the record: Silent Ō Solutions LLC

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

For the record: Silent Ō Solutions LLC

Silent Ō Solutions (www.silentosolutions.com). Not "Legends" in our own mind. Quietly and efficiently providing cost effective rebreather support and training for the traveling and local rebreather diver alike on Maui. We dive and service actual military spec (Mk15x/LAR-V) rebreathers. SF2 and AP rigs are also available ("mil spec" enhancements not available). We are working divers and are in no way affiliated with National Geographic. We did however make an actual movie (www.BlackCoralMovie.com).
    If you are coming to Hawaii and would like to be treated like an adult, drop us a line.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: For the record: Silent Ō Solutions LLC

Quote Originally Posted by DZLHED  View Original Post
    Silent Ō Solutions (www.silentosolutions.com). Not "Legends" in our own mind. Quietly and efficiently providing cost effective rebreather support and training for the traveling and local rebreather diver alike on Maui. We dive and service actual military spec (Mk15x/LAR-V) rebreathers. SF2 and AP rigs are also available ("mil spec" enhancements not available). We are working divers and are in no way affiliated with National Geographic. We did however make an actual movie (www.BlackCoralMovie.com).
    If you are coming to Hawaii and would like to be treated like an adult, drop us a line.
    Great to know and I really enjoyed your movie. Maui has some really great shore dive sites.

Mahalo!

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

Hope to make it over there!
    -Tom

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Great Movie!

Thanks for making it...

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member sea_ledford is an unknown quantity at this point sea_ledford's Avatar
    SF2

If I spray paint my SF2 "operator black" will that make it milspec? I'd probably need an inconel sphere too...

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

I thought your SF2 was already black, the chrome bits and pieces can always be redone with black hardchrome plating, and as long as the solenoid doesn't fire in the vicinity of a magnetic mine, it should be usable for the same duties as the MK16 is used for. Alloys containing magnetic materials are a real no-no though.

Michael

BTW were the spheres made out of inconel or monel?

Michael

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    I thought your SF2 was already black, the chrome bits and pieces can always be redone with black hardchrome plating, and as long as the solenoid doesn't fire in the vicinity of a magnetic mine, it should be usable for the same duties as the MK16 is used for. Alloys containing magnetic materials are a real no-no though.

Michael

BTW were the spheres made out of inconel or monel?

Michael
    Inconel 718 or so I'm told. It isn't written or stamped on the spheres.

New Member sidis8 is an unknown quantity at this point sidis8's Avatar
    MK 15, MK 15.5

I hear you guys are doing some cool things with the 15s and av1s. Can you share some info and pics if possible?

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by DZLHED  View Original Post
    We dive and service actual military spec (Mk15x/LAR-V) rebreathers.
    If you are coming to Hawaii ....., drop us a line.
    Hi Todd-
    If I bring my MK15.5 to Maui, can I rent spheres from you? As most folks who live in the MK 15.x world know, you pretty much have to mortgage a kidney to buy an iconel sphere these days. I just can't bring myself to subject mine to the random, ummmm, less-than-gentle baggage tosser or the whims of an uninformed TSA inspector ("Well, it sure LOOKED like a bomb. We had to destroy it to be on the safe side").

Ken

MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    Hi Todd-
    If I bring my MK15.5 to Maui, can I rent spheres from you? As most folks who live in the MK 15.x world know, you pretty much have to mortgage a kidney to buy an iconel sphere these days. I just can't bring myself to subject mine to the random, ummmm, less-than-gentle baggage tosser or the whims of an uninformed TSA inspector ("Well, it sure LOOKED like a bomb. We had to destroy it to be on the safe side").

Ken
    I feel you Ken. Absolutely you are more than welcome to a set of Inconel balls. Just don't drop 'em.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast