+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello from san diego

RBW Member joshua woods is an unknown quantity at this point joshua woods's Avatar
    none yet

drager dolphin,azimuth.

hello from san diego

just wanted to say hello from san diego I am a longtime diver/instructor and tech diver since 2002 I have been doing OC mix dives for a long time mostly gue/dir style diving straight across the board and I have not been openminded much to the rebreather idea. I think it is time to branch out a few locals have moved to the jj and have it set up with back mounted bailout and it looks exactly what I think of when I think of going ccr. it is a lot of money and I am trying to realy think this through and do my homework before spending this much. my short list is jj, kiss classic and prism 2. I have a local shop and instructor I trust (friend) very much on the prism but it has a few things I don't care for and looks like I would have a lot of work to set it up the way I want to.

some things it appears I would like are back mounted or at least on the shoulder counter lungs not a fan of the over the shoulder variety.
    I would like the unit to stand up on its on and prefer stainless hose clamps vs nylon tank straps.
    the ability to plug in off board gas.
    bov I am just not sure of yet.

anyways I'm rambling I will keep looking around and talking to people and I look forward to learning from you all!

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

Re: hello from san diego

Hi Joshua! Welcome to Rebreather World!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member catalina_mike is an unknown quantity at this point catalina_mike's Avatar
    Evolution+

Classic Inspo

Welcome to the site..

A BBC hired videographer was diving a JJ on the charter at Catalina Island. Being a AP guy I was very curious about it and its operation. The weight seemed about the same as my Evolution + He added a BOV during the trip as his last upgrade. I liked the battery setup it seemed more convenient but I'm not sure of the frequency of changing. I was impressed by it but did not dive it. Go do a intro on several different units as it is a big investment and will change your diving.

Enjoying the silence Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver will become famous soon enough Lake_Tahoe_Diver's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Kiss Sport

Welcome to the group.

RBW Member txdiver is an unknown quantity at this point txdiver's Avatar
    DIR Meg

Josh

All your criteria can be addressed with a Meg as well. PM me if you want info. The Meg is a very versatile unit.

Andy

RBW Member TommyGun is an unknown quantity at this point TommyGun's Avatar
    UTD MXZ-MCCR (Kiss)

Josh,

You're in San Diego? Consider UTD their Headquarters is there. They teach a modified version of the Kiss Classic. Their website (utdscubadiving.com) explains some about it... you can also call Andrew Georgitsis and speak to him directly about your interest in rebreather training. Do your homework and understand what you are purchasing and where you want your training to eventually go to before you buy.

T

RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by joshua woods  View Original Post
    just wanted to say hello from san diego I am a longtime diver/instructor and tech diver since 2002 I have been doing OC mix dives for a long time mostly gue/dir style diving straight across the board and I have not been openminded much to the rebreather idea. I think it is time to branch out a few locals have moved to the jj and have it set up with back mounted bailout and it looks exactly what I think of when I think of going ccr. it is a lot of money and I am trying to realy think this through and do my homework before spending this much. my short list is jj, kiss classic and prism 2. I have a local shop and instructor I trust (friend) very much on the prism but it has a few things I don't care for and looks like I would have a lot of work to set it up the way I want to.

some things it appears I would like are back mounted or at least on the shoulder counter lungs not a fan of the over the shoulder variety.
    I would like the unit to stand up on its on and prefer stainless hose clamps vs nylon tank straps.
    the ability to plug in off board gas.
    bov I am just not sure of yet.

anyways I'm rambling I will keep looking around and talking to people and I look forward to learning from you all!
    Hello Joshua,

have you considered our CCR Liberty?

- It's full fault tolerant system
    - Available with BOV
    - Extremely low breath resistance (best WOB in segment)
    - Back mounted counter lungs will be available really soon (DEMA?)

http://ccrliberty.com/

We would love to welcome you in our booth # 8152 at DEMA show and present you all the advantages of our rebreather.

In case of any other question, please don't hesitate to contact me on lower mentioned email or cell #.

Best regards

Matej Fischer
    Divesoft, LLC
    fischer@divesoftus.com

+ Reply to Thread