+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CCR Diving in Hawaii

RBW Member Ocean Legends is an unknown quantity at this point Ocean Legends's Avatar
    Liberty CCR

Hollis Prism2, Meg, Flex,

CCR Diving in Hawaii

Aloha Everyone,

The Holiday Season is coming and we welcome ALL Rebreather divers thinking about visiting the Hawaiian Islands to contact us for great pricing on Rebreather unit Rentals and Boat dives!

email us at - info@oceanlegends.com
    visit us at - www.oceanlegends.com

much Aloha,

Ocean Legends Dive Team.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ocean Legends; 7th October 2016 at 06:33.

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Re: CCR Diving in Hawaii

If I had a genie I would wish to be just half as impervious to/oblivious of my own shortcomings and criticisms.

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Never going to happen. Definitely so with another outfit.

Impervious to criticism. That's good, Oya.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

All press is good press they say!

'Come get exactly the training you deserve.'

RBW Member tech33 is an unknown quantity at this point tech33's Avatar

New to RBW and CCR, I have been an "old-school" diver (rec, scientific, then tech) for over two decades so I was exposed to a number of stores and instructors while working in a few countries. I had an awesome experience with Ocean Legends this summer so I felt like sharing. D. Fox got back to me by email then phone right after I contacted Ocean Legends about a possible training this summer. I'm a family man and we were visiting friends so CCR training wasn't my only priority in Oahu. Not only D. Fox went out of his way to make my training possible but he also worked out his schedule to fit mine once I was in Oahu (my wife is fantastic but doesn't dive, and my 4-yr old daughter doesn't dive... yet!). The (air-diluent deco) training cost wasn't on the cheap side but I got a discount... and I was more than pleased when he announced me that it was going to be a one-one-one course after all. I always do my homework before any training so I got there mentally overloaded about CCR skills and equipment. We started with a thorough sit-down about the why and how, which I expect from any good tech instructor. D. Fox went on to deconstruct some of the things that I learned or heard about CCR and tech diving in general. I'm a scientist so I have tendency to take anything with a grain of salt but I must say that his approach made a lot of sense. Putting gear together the day before or the same day before dawn, I got a large daily ration of equipment assembly/calibration and check-lists... which made my pre-dive preparation much more enjoyable on deck. D. Fox easily worked out the usual glitches related diving logistics and I had so much fun underwater that I will most likely sign up with him for mixed gas training as soon as I am eligible... and prepared to succeed! I heard of a couple of students failing his classes because of poor preparation or over-inflated ego. We all agree that such factors go against anything we know about safety. I recommended D. Fox to some of my diving buddies (the ones who are fit for CCR). Darren is definitely outgoing and he has no problem switching hats between training and business. To potential students, my advice is to be upfront about your budget, time line, and expectations; but do your homework, keep your ego in check, and expect positive criticism. During training, I like to have fun, be overloaded, and taken off guard so I progress as swiftly and safely as possible. D. Fox definitely fitted that bill.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by tech33  View Original Post
    New to RBW and CCR, I have been an "old-school" diver (rec, scientific, then tech) for over two decades so I was exposed to a number of stores and instructors while working in a few countries. I had an awesome experience with Ocean Legends this summer so I felt like sharing. D. Fox got back to me by email then phone right after I contacted Ocean Legends about a possible training this summer. I'm a family man and we were visiting friends so CCR training wasn't my only priority in Oahu. Not only D. Fox went out of his way to make my training possible but he also worked out his schedule to fit mine once I was in Oahu (my wife is fantastic but doesn't dive, and my 4-yr old daughter doesn't dive... yet!). The (air-diluent deco) training cost wasn't on the cheap side but I got a discount... and I was more than pleased when he announced me that it was going to be a one-one-one course after all. I always do my homework before any training so I got there mentally overloaded about CCR skills and equipment. We started with a thorough sit-down about the why and how, which I expect from any good tech instructor. D. Fox went on to deconstruct some of the things that I learned or heard about CCR and tech diving in general. I'm a scientist so I have tendency to take anything with a grain of salt but I must say that his approach made a lot of sense. Putting gear together the day before or the same day before dawn, I got a large daily ration of equipment assembly/calibration and check-lists... which made my pre-dive preparation much more enjoyable on deck. D. Fox easily worked out the usual glitches related diving logistics and I had so much fun underwater that I will most likely sign up with him for mixed gas training as soon as I am eligible... and prepared to succeed! I heard of a couple of students failing his classes because of poor preparation or over-inflated ego. We all agree that such factors go against anything we know about safety. I recommended D. Fox to some of my diving buddies (the ones who are fit for CCR). Darren is definitely outgoing and he has no problem switching hats between training and business. To potential students, my advice is to be upfront about your budget, time line, and expectations; but do your homework, keep your ego in check, and expect positive criticism. During training, I like to have fun, be overloaded, and taken off guard so I progress as swiftly and safely as possible. D. Fox definitely fitted that bill.

Welcome to RBW!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by tech33  View Original Post

Nice to hear...
    Best regards,
    Chett. L

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I really hate to be the stick-in-the-mud here and I hope that I am completely wrong, but I just can not help but feel there is a sock puppet. Think about it, first post from a brand new member just in time to support an operation that has received a bad review.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Ocean Legends is an unknown quantity at this point Ocean Legends's Avatar
    Liberty CCR

Hollis Prism2, Meg, Flex,

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I really hate to be the stick-in-the-mud here and I hope that I am completely wrong, but I just can not help but feel there is a sock puppet. Think about it, first post from a brand new member just in time to support an operation that has received a bad review.
    Aloha RBW member,

We can assure you along with every member out there on this forum to come visit our facility and see how we Teach, Train, and Educate Rebreather divers. We are proud of our Facility and our Product. We do our best to make customers happy.

Please make sure to visit us when you visit the Hawaiian Islands. We welcome all.

Warm Aloha,

Ocean Legends Dive Team.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    +1...

and why so many new posts from Ocean Legends after the bashing over flogging a new guy with equipment and training rip offs???? I seem to remember hearing that Daren left here and went to the "deco stop" forum because "the RBW community sucked." That's verbatim, I heard it myself in person from him, in O'hau.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast