+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: CCR Liberty Blues

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Re: CCR Liberty Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    I got the head back and the original problem was fixed. However I'm having a problem with the number 1 O2 sensor reading high and getting excluded. It was only happening during the second dive of the day, but last week it happened about 20 minutes into my first dive. It's been doing this since my training dives.

I've got a quick connect from my O2 1st stage to the head. Once I get a longer hose for this connection I'm going to take it off and try this connection with no QC - per Matej's reccomendation. However all cells calibrate normally while bypassing this connection, so I'm not so sure this will fix it - but I've got to try something.
    Not sure if this will help but I didn't my ccr trimix course a few weeks ago and got some advice from the instructor. moister on the o2 sensors can mess things up a bit, when the head is open and you are drying the inside unscrew the 2 screws that hold the sensor housing in place and pull out the housing and open the house so that the o2 sensors get dry fully , its a bit tricky to explain but where the sensors screw into the plastic part, that can be push out to allow to dry better. Don't replace the screws that hold the housing in place, they aren't needed. I had 2 sensors fail that were only 3 months old, and it may have been due to them not drying fully. I hope that helps..? maybe not. Are all the sensors the same age? how long are they? Goo luck

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Nubium  View Original Post
    Not sure if this will help but I didn't my ccr trimix course a few weeks ago and got some advice from the instructor. moister on the o2 sensors can mess things up a bit, when the head is open and you are drying the inside unscrew the 2 screws that hold the sensor housing in place and pull out the housing and open the house so that the o2 sensors get dry fully , its a bit tricky to explain but where the sensors screw into the plastic part, that can be push out to allow to dry better. Don't replace the screws that hold the housing in place, they aren't needed. I had 2 sensors fail that were only 3 months old, and it may have been due to them not drying fully. I hope that helps..? maybe not. Are all the sensors the same age? how long are they? Goo luck
    Are you saying that during your course, your instructor had you break open the head on the boat in between dives, take out the housing and let it dry during your CNS SI, then build it all back, pressure check it all for the second dive?

Forgot to mention, I mentioned this troublesome sensor to Divesoft and they changed it out, tested all of them extensively and they tested good.
    Last edited by Steverin06; 6th January 2017 at 02:42.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Are you saying that during your course, your instructor had you break open the head on the boat in between dives, take out the housing and let it dry during your CNS SI, then build it all back, pressure check it all for the second dive?

Forgot to mention, I mentioned this troublesome sensor to Divesoft and they changed it out, tested all of them extensively and they tested good.
    I think just after a days diving, without doing this the sensors don't get to dry out fully cos they are enclosed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5