+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: CCR Liberty Blues

  1. #11
    RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    333
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

    AH1

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by jkhaywood  View Original Post
    Yeah.... but he had 60 OW dives before he started CCR
    Back in December 2015 an ex buddy died doing a boat dive diving with turned off O2 and Diluent tanks.
    Ex buddy because, after getting his Level II cert with a total of 2 OW CCR dives, he wanted to use his SF2 on our upcoming cave dives in March. I was able to force him to do the planned cave dives with me OC, and then did not dive with him again after that trip, since I now felt that he would eventually die diving.

    Unfortunatly I was right.

    Be careful, flying high and fast with a CCR is as effective at killing people as doing 8G external loops just above the ground. The only difference is you don't trash a multimillion dollar plane while committing suicide.

    Michael

  2. #12

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by jkhaywood  View Original Post
    Yeah.... but he had 60 OW dives before he started CCR

  3. #13
    RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Okinawa
    Posts
    52
    Liberty

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Man, you guys must be on the 2.7 firmware where you can see the total number of hours on the Liberty by looking at one page of the dive log. That sounds awesome, I got to get that. However it still needs some polishing, as I actually had more than 10 hours when that pic was taken.

    It looks like the new FW also includes a page on the electronic pre-dive checklist where you enter in how many OC dives you have, then your max CCR cert depth, and it uses an algorithm calculated from the dive Gods on rebreatherworld.com forum to calculate the max depth that I actually should be diving at. I'm sorry, but I just had to take her down to my actual max cert depth just to piss y'all off. It's a miracle I survived, with only 60 OC dives I must be a s*** show. Especially since y'all know who I was diving with, the dive plan, bailout gases, hell everything about that dive - one of the benefits of being a God!

    As it turns out, a few days ago while doing all my pre-dive checks at home right before I drove to the dive site (like I always do) the L handset turned off on its own then went into demo mode again upon startup. Sorry to disappoint you guys, I'm now positive both HS were on before wading out. And now the R HS is acting up, so that leads to why ole' Mike thinks its crazy in another thread that I don't think I should have to fit the bill to send the head back to Divesoft.

    Y'all trying to bash me on checklist adherence is hilarious. Try memorizing a dash one.

  4. #14
    RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chamonix , France
    Posts
    204
    Liberty

    Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Man, you guys must be on the 2.7 firmware where you can see the total number of hours on the Liberty by looking at one page of the dive log. That sounds awesome, I got to get that. However it still needs some polishing, as I actually had more than 10 hours when that pic was taken.

    It looks like the new FW also includes a page on the electronic pre-dive checklist where you enter in how many OC dives you have, then your max CCR cert depth, and it uses an algorithm calculated from the dive Gods on rebreatherworld.com forum to calculate the max depth that I actually should be diving at. I'm sorry, but I just had to take her down to my actual max cert depth just to piss y'all off. It's a miracle I survived, with only 60 OC dives I must be a s*** show. Especially since y'all know who I was diving with, the dive plan, bailout gases, hell everything about that dive - one of the benefits of being a God!

    As it turns out, a few days ago while doing all my pre-dive checks at home right before I drove to the dive site (like I always do) the L handset turned off on its own then went into demo mode again upon startup. Sorry to disappoint you guys, I'm now positive both HS were on before wading out. And now the R HS is acting up, so that leads to why ole' Mike thinks its crazy in another thread that I don't think I should have to fit the bill to send the head back to Divesoft.

    Y'all trying to bash me on checklist adherence is hilarious. Try memorizing a dash one.

    Checklists are there to be used, why not use it. Simple.

  5. #15
    RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Okinawa
    Posts
    52
    Liberty

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by Nubium  View Original Post
    Checklists are there to be used, why not use it. Simple.
    I guess you didn't get the point of my quoted post - I completely agree. But you see, the haters just have to jump on something non-related (based on completely incorrect assumptions) to my original post. That's why I don't get along with the haters. Maybe ver 2.8 FW also asks you if you received your cert from Darren Fox before it calculates your personal max depth.

    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Be careful, flying high and fast with a CCR is as effective at killing people as doing 8G external loops just above the ground. The only difference is you don't trash a multimillion dollar plane while committing suicide.

    Michael
    I am thoroughly trained on all levels of aerial maneuvers, and I have no idea what an external loop is. That would be like me trying to make a point to you about fine tuning your buoyancy on outer loop volume. It makes absolutely no sense and shows I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. That being said, but I'd be doing it @ 9Gs

    Just because I don't think CCR diving is as cosmic as a lot of people do (at least at the level I'm doing it at), doesn't mean I respect it any less. More incorrect assumptions.

  6. #16
    RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    333
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

    AH1

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    An external loop is when you push the stick forward in order to loop, that puts your head on the outside of the loop. It also makes a G Suit next to useless, since that just puts even more blood into your brain. cerebral hemmorhage, bleeding in the eyes, and burst capaliearies in the sinuses often occur at high Gs, as do unconciousness. At 2 Gs not a problem, near the limits of your airframe a major problem.
    Doing this when the lowest part of the loop is near the ground just makes it more interesting.
    Don't think that the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds do it anymore. Last saw it done by the RAF Red Arrows back in 1968.

    Michael

  7. #17

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Last saw it done by the RAF Red Arrows back in 1968.
    It is frequently performed behind the "Bamboo Curtain" but has been outlawed in the free world.



  8. #18
    RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chamonix , France
    Posts
    204
    Liberty

    Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    I guess you didn't get the point of my quoted post - I completely agree. But you see, the haters just have to jump on something non-related (based on completely incorrect assumptions) to my original post. That's why I don't get along with the haters. Maybe ver 2.8 FW also asks you if you received your cert from Darren Fox before it calculates your personal max depth.



    I am thoroughly trained on all levels of aerial maneuvers, and I have no idea what an external loop is. That would be like me trying to make a point to you about fine tuning your buoyancy on outer loop volume. It makes absolutely no sense and shows I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. That being said, but I'd be doing it @ 9Gs

    Just because I don't think CCR diving is as cosmic as a lot of people do (at least at the level I'm doing it at), doesn't mean I respect it any less. More incorrect assumptions.

    I was agreeing with you about the checklist. About all the haters as you call them. If you do not like what they are saying it is best to ignore them and they will have no more fuel. I think you seem to have wound a few people up for whatever reason. I AM NOT TAKING SIDES HERE. We all enjoy diving, so let be nice to each other.

  9. #19
    RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    409
    Meg

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    [quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Man, you guys must be on the 2.7 firmware where you can see the total number of hours on the Liberty by looking at one page of the dive log. That sounds awesome, I got to get that. However it still needs some polishing, as I actually had more than 10 hours when that pic was taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Just because I don't think I should have to fit the bill on shipping an apparently less than 10 hour old (news to me) defective head, doesn't mean I'm asking for free MX for life.


    =Garibaldi;482069][/QUOTE]


    I do love how Mav and Darren are posting so much now, much more interesting here lately
    Last edited by rjack; 13th October 2016 at 18:35.

  10. #20
    RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Okinawa
    Posts
    52
    Liberty

    Re: CCR Liberty Blues

    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    An external loop is when you push the stick forward in order to loop, that puts your head on the outside of the loop. It also makes a G Suit next to useless, since that just puts even more blood into your brain. cerebral hemmorhage, bleeding in the eyes, and burst capaliearies in the sinuses often occur at high Gs, as do unconciousness. At 2 Gs not a problem, near the limits of your airframe a major problem.
    Doing this when the lowest part of the loop is near the ground just makes it more interesting.
    Don't think that the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds do it anymore. Last saw it done by the RAF Red Arrows back in 1968.

    Michael
    What you're describing is what we call an 'outside loop' here. The high Gs you are referring to is actually high negative Gs. An outside loop would punish the body with sustained negative Gs throughout the entire maneuver. I've only seen outside loops performed on RC airplanes.

    I've sustained neg 3 Gs for about 6 seconds. It felt far worse than any sustained 45 second 8+G fight I've ever experienced. I'd love to see a video of someone actually doing an outside loop. I'd say a person that can do one, especially close to the ground, has bigger balls than any deep diver - it's flat out suicide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts