+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CCR Liberty Blues

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

CCR Liberty Blues

I only have 12 dives on her. My 11th was the second dive of that day, a shore dive. I'm wading out to my drop point. I had my right hand set on but I forgot that when you turn one on it doesn't turn the other handset on. In the future I'd really like to have that option, since you can turn both off using either hand set.

Once I get to my point, I turn my R handset to dive and immediately notice that my left side O2 sensors are off. Then I look at my L hand set and notice my error. So I end the dive on my right and turn my left hand set on. However when it turns on, it goes into "demo mode" and there is no way to get it out of demo mode. The option to turn off that handset doesn't even exist! When I try to turn the system off using the R hand set, it doesn't do anything to the left, they are completely isolated.

I ended up diving it with only the R hand set and two O2 sensors and it was perfectly fine. After breakdown I remove the jumpers and turn the L off. It turns back on and acted normally, however it didn't log that dive.

A few days later it's working perfectly normally to my cert limit, rock solid. I emailed Matt @ divesoft USA to figure out what I did(so I never do it again), and if its possible to fix it on the fly if it happens again. Did it have something to do with trying to dive with one handset on? He had to contact the manufacturer for a solution. He just got back to me and said I have to send him the head! No other info, so I inquired for specifics but also wanted to run this by other owners.

Anyone else ever experience a problem like this? I've had a few electronic gremlins but nothing a simple restart couldn't fix.
    Attached Images

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: CCR Liberty Blues

Did you try asking Jakub?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Did you try asking Jakub?
    Thanks for the chuckle.

RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Hello Steve,

I am sorry I wasn't able to reply immediately but you have to consider the time shift between USA and Japan.

Hope now you have all info you need regarding your unit procedures and possible shipping.

In case of any other question, please don't hesitate to send me an email or call me.

Best regards.

Matej Fischer
    813 389 7911
    fischer@divesoftus.com

Liberty

Matej,

Thank you for giving me a timely solution for my problem! It does suck having to ship the head back on a nearly new unit, but maybe just a firmware update can fix it - although it's working perfectly normally now.

I was simply trying to figure out if anyone else has had a similar issue with their Liberty since this is such an unusual problem. Maybe someone has and brushed it off once it worked normally after reset rather than contact you and discover this is a potential symptom of a larger problem. Maybe in the future someone will have this problem and can search the forums to see what the solution was. No bashing here, just information sharing.
    Last edited by Steverin06; 7th October 2016 at 22:39.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Matej,

Thank you for giving me a timely solution for my problem! It does suck having to ship the head back on a nearly new unit, but maybe just a firmware update can fix it - although it's working perfectly normally now.

I was simply trying to figure out if anyone else has had a similar issue with their Liberty since this is such an unusual problem. Maybe someone has and brushed it off once it worked normally after reset rather than contact you and discover this is a potential symptom of a larger problem. Maybe in the future someone will have this problem and can search the forums to see what the solution was. No bashing here, just information sharing.
    Hi,
    I have not had that problem with mine, it is very odd. sorry i can't be of more help.

RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Matej,

Steve,

I understand.

Best regards

Matej

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

So less than a month after your horrible MOD1 experience, still under 10hrs on the unit, you're doing 149ft dives on air dil.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    So less than a month after your horrible MOD1 experience, still under 10hrs on the unit, you're doing 149ft dives on air dil.
    ...and apparently no check list?

Glad you are safe, please don't be another stat.

RBW Member jkhaywood is an unknown quantity at this point jkhaywood's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MK-16

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Yeah.... but he had 60 OW dives before he started CCR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast