+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How does Air analysis work? Also any contacts to affordable Air analysis in Europe?

RBW Member CCRWannabe123 is an unknown quantity at this point CCRWannabe123's Avatar
    Inspo

How does Air analysis work? Also any contacts to affordable Air analysis in Europe?

How does air analysis work?

Is there a "self testing" kit you can buy with some cartridges which can tell you have pumped with your compressor grade E or OCA air for example? So that you can test every couple of months is your compressor giving the quality you need?

What would be the pricing if you know something like that?

In general what is the most affordable way to test your air?

Alternative, companies to which you send the air sample (and how?) in Europe? And if you know the pricing?

Thank you!

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: How does Air analysis work? Also any contacts to affordable Air analysis in Europ

In general you get a sampling kit from a lab, you fill it and send it back to the lab. I know of one lab in Ireland but that's about it for that side of the Atlantic. I don't know the cost over there.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: How does Air analysis work? Also any contacts to affordable Air analysis in Europ

Don't Drager do DIY test kits?

RBW Member yorkie_chris is an unknown quantity at this point yorkie_chris's Avatar

I borrow a test kit made by sabre safety, it blows a calibrated air flow through a test tube. Tests for CO, CO2 water and oil. (4 tubes, disposable, about £3 each)

RBW Member CCRWannabe123 is an unknown quantity at this point CCRWannabe123's Avatar
    Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Don't Drager do DIY test kits?
    Do you have any more details? Name, price, link?

Thnx!

Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie_chris  View Original Post
    I borrow a test kit made by sabre safety, it blows a calibrated air flow through a test tube. Tests for CO, CO2 water and oil. (4 tubes, disposable, about £3 each)
    Do you have a link maybe?

Do you borrow it from them and return it with the samples or?

RBW Member faxborn is an unknown quantity at this point faxborn's Avatar

In our diving club we use Dräger Aerotest
    http://www.draeger.com/sites/en_uk/P...multan-HP.aspx

Contact your local representant for price.

Test tubes are not that expensive, aprox 3 EUR each, and you use four different tubes for each test ( H2O, CO, CO2 and oil).

It is very simple to use, brake of the test tubes and put them in the tester. Attach tester to a bottle or direkt to compressor. Let the air run throug the tester for 10 minutes. Then you can read the result direktly on each tube. If you attach directly to compressor, it is important to let it run for some time in order to get a correct result.

RBW Member yorkie_chris is an unknown quantity at this point yorkie_chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCRWannabe123  View Original Post
    Do you have a link maybe?

Do you borrow it from them and return it with the samples or?
    No I borrow kit from a friend with dive shop.
    http://sabreh2s.com/services/h2s-saf...rity-test-kit/

That is kit, don't know what it costs.... I asked for a quote as curious myself
    Last edited by yorkie_chris; 6th October 2016 at 16:26.

Inspo

I've sent a mail to Drager in Croatia, got an offer for the devices of 2000€.

Suffice to say, I was hoping for something not so expensive

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCRWannabe123  View Original Post
    I've sent a mail to Drager in Croatia, got an offer for the devices of 2000€.

Suffice to say, I was hoping for something not so expensive
    Way too expensive, knock the last zero off that 2000 number then half it and you about right for the Draeger hand pump about £90

http://www.draeger.com/sites/en_uk/P...mp-accuro.aspx

Tubes are about £3 each but are packed in 10 per box you need CO, CO2, Oil and water vapour
    You need to know exactly what type of oil your using also the number of pumps and the tubes vary.

Forget the Yankee grade E and OSHA nonsence the regulations you need to achieve and maintain are BSEN 12021 air purity
    Testing every six months or 3 months if you use the 10 off stain tubes with a 2 year shelf life and cant find a friend to share them with

Iain
    Last edited by iain-hsm; 10th October 2016 at 21:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast