+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Golem Gear Shipping Prices

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Golem Gear Shipping Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    The fact that y'all can't handle businesses being held accountable blows my mind.

When we mess up or a supplier messes up (goes both ways) we deal with it privately instead of airing our dirty laundry on forums.

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Well Steve, maybe your gripes with Darren were justified, maybe not.
    But in a short period of time, like 4 days, you have managed to piss off a lot of people.
    Keep it up and no one will want to have anything to do with you, sell you anything, or dive with you. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yes, you can fly an F-15C solo, but no one will let you dive solo, with good reason.
    Either mend your britches or keep your mouth shut until you gain a hell of a lot more experience.

Michael
    +1

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    When we mess up or a supplier messes up (goes both ways) we deal with it privately instead of airing our dirty laundry on forums.
    I will generally do this myself. There have been a couple of instances where the only way I was able to get any response from the vendor was to make the issue public, then they jumped all over trying to help me out.

I really wish it never had to be that way, but I have learned a couple of valuable lessons on where I spend my money now.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Are you suggesting I should have privately emailed Jakub a second time and instead of suggesting he do the right thing(like I did the first time), to then beg him to do the right thing? You realize how ridiculous that sounds? Jakub told me he had no control over his ridiculous shipping charges, then put my stuff in a flat rate envelope with a controlled, flat rate price with huge FLAT RATE lettering all over it. One big "fuck you" to the customer. I gave him a chance, in the digital age you pay the price.

Speaking of digital age, I find it interesting that in the Fox thread people kept saying that I should have read all of the negative reviews about him (when in actuality those are the vast minority). However when I then write a negative review based on undisputed facts (anyone care to argue the facts?), y'all get all butthurt about it. Contradiction at its finest.

RBW Member Pat O'Brien is an unknown quantity at this point Pat O'Brien's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Wow, typical pilot. I sure hope you stay in the AF as we donít need any more winey ass pilots in the airline business. So do you think people will want to discuss your concerns or answer your questions going forward, I donít think so.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Why am I thinking...

Helicoptor parents?

Welcome to the real world.

If a business is so bad, people will stop using them and they will go under. I know you are trying to dig a hole. But be careful, you might be the one falling into it.

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

To address the OP's original comments about shipping charges, from looking at the Golem Gear website, I'd guess, and this is purely speculation on my part, that the shipping costs are generated by a USPS standard rate table that takes the item weight and destination zip code into account. Is there an escalator built in? That I don't know, and won't speculate on... However, I will speak from experience when I say that there should be. Every business exists to make a profit. I worked in a direct marketing/e-tailer for many years, and our shipping margins were targeted at ~30%. That's because we had to pay the warehouse staff, buy packaging materials and pay for the warehouse space. Additionally, because we were in a very competitive market, our front end margins were often severely limited (you know, by those consumers that are always looking for the very cheapest deal). As such, and to keep the business in solvency, we would leverage our shipping volumes and vendors to have the best rates possible - to ensure maintenance of the margin, whilst having reasonable, and competitive, shipping rates (note: this was before tha advent of "one-rate" shipping).

With the above as background, when you logged onto the Golem Grea website, and placed your order, you must've thought that the quoted shipping charges weren't that ridiculous, else wise you wouldn't have placed the order (BTW, try to get them shipped from the Czech Republic for anywhere close to that price...). Upon submitting your order, you essentially entered into a contract where you agreed to the terms, including the shipping charges, so what the profitability for Golem Gear is becomes a moot point. I would hazard a guess that there are also many instances where the quoted price does not cover the entire cost of shipping (like split shipments caused by back order, as mentioned by other posters). But, back to my last statement, you knew what the charges would be and you agreed to them! As suggested by others, if you now take issue with those charges, that's between you and Golem Gear... However, please bear in mind that no one is getting rich in this business. If, by chance, circumstances arise where the margin on a transaction might be higher than normal, please do not slag off the small businessman that capitalizes on that opportunity... It might be one of the reasons that he'll be around the next time you need his services!

For transparency's sake: I've only ordered once from Golem Gear, and paid the shipping charges without concern.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Guys ... wow what is going on here ??? The guy has a valid complaint and he expressed the complaint in a sound and tidy fashion.

What's with all the crap being dumped on him here ???

Coming from a long way away from you blokes I don't know anything about what may of happened between you lot in the past and frankly I don't care.

He has a sound complaint which being based in Oz, I've experienced a lot of the same when dealing with the US. Your freight costs are rich and generally the service is poor, specially the US postal service.

Soooo why the huge disparity between the price he was charged and the price he sourced ???

In my book its a fair question ... regards Baz
    Last edited by Bazza; 1st October 2016 at 02:55. Reason: tidy up of grammer

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Guys ... wow what is going on here ??? The guy has a valid complaint and he expressed the complaint in a sound and tidy fashion.

What's with all the crap being dumped on him here ???
    He's a newbie arrogant ass and because of that people are wishing him nothing but ill will. It's how social interaction generally works. Must be an evolutionary adaptation of some sort.

Moral of the story-Don't be a newbie arrogant ass and then expect sympathy, no matter how valid your complaint.

RBW Member Ocean Legends is an unknown quantity at this point Ocean Legends's Avatar
    Liberty CCR

Hollis Prism2, Meg, Flex,

I completely agree.

Unfortunately there are people in this world that go to a fancy restaurant order the most expensive steak eat almost all of it and then return back a small portion demanding a refund because it wasn't good enough. LOL:)

This is the sad world we live in and unfortunately they are all part of the CCR world and enjoy the wonders of the ocean along with the rest of us. Oh well it takes all types to make the world go around. Fortunately there's more good people in the world.

For the record... Jakub/ Golem Gear and Ocean Legends have had a great relationship for many years. Jakub is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Warm regards,

Darren Fox
    CEO
    Ocean Legends
    Www.oceanlegends.com
    Www.darrenfoxinc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast