+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: My MOD 1 Experience with Darren Fox @ Ocean Legends‏

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Re: My MOD 1 Experience with Darren Fox @ Ocean Legends‏

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    So gents, the story doesn't end here. First of all, I want to thank everyone for ending the bickering between us and rallying together to focus on what's most important - making our sport safer.

It has already been proven that Darren Fox is a dishonest salesman, lying only to me but others that have spoken up about Darren selling us "mil-spec" CCRs. It has also been proven that Darren Fox is a dangerous instructor who short changes the training of students, as myself and others have described on this forum and contacting TDI about this. In response, TDI has opened up an investigation on him.

I submitted a modified (easily digestible to the public) review of Ocean Legends to tripadvisor. Shortly after, Darren Fox emailed as many of my bosses as he could telling them that I am a "security concern" because I tried to get him to store "classified" material at his shop. Seeing as I never carry anything classified in public, this is yet another outright lie from a desperate man. He also told them that he is considering litigation for slander, which is going to be quite impossible seeing as everything I've said about him is facts. Facts that, as myself and others have mentioned, find quite disturbing and telling because he refuses to even address them.

Because of these pathetic and sad attempts by Darren to try prevent me from doing my job(which failed), I now know without a doubt that the work me and others have done to reveal the truth about our dealings with Darren are starting to have a real affect. I urge anyone else that has a similar experience with Darren Fox to contact Shawn Harrison at Sean.Harrison@tdisdi.com.
    I wish I had experiences with him more recent than 7 years ago so I could assist directly.

All I can say now, again: Thank you. After going through an enormous pain in the ass of an ordeal with that charlatan, thank you for putting in even more effort to take the necessary steps to try to get him into his place.

I very much hope he doesn't manage to affect your life and your superiors know that this much ado about nothing.

All the best and thanks.

Keep diving and I still hope you love your CCR.

- Roger

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Steverin06  View Original Post
    Shortly after, Darren Fox emailed as many of my bosses as he could telling them that I am a "security concern" because I tried to get him to store "classified" material at his shop.
    That'll be the "mill spec" unit then

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

I lived in Hawaii for a few years and did business with him as well and got screwed on a rebreather purchase as well. Once I did that and started talking to other RB divers on the island I found that there is a LARGE community of divers who have been suckered by that guy. Honestly, I would have rather heard that he has straightened out his business practices. I actually hate to hear that he is still the same person I knew and bought my RB from. It's just sad really.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

so we have two?three? people coming forward to say that they paid substantially more then they should have for a product that doesn't exist (the "mil spec"liberty,meg prism,etc")and part of the sales pitch is that they are 'extras" from a US govt contract? does this guy have such a contract?

that whole thing sounds like a scheme to defraud to me. Here in the peoples republic of new york you could get locked up for such a thing. maybe instead of emailing tdi you should be talking to the US Attorney?

but what do i know, I'm not even a fighter pilot........
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    so we have two?three? people coming forward to say that they paid substantially more then they should have for a product that doesn't exist (the "mil spec"liberty,meg prism,etc")and part of the sales pitch is that they are 'extras" from a US govt contract? does this guy have such a contract?

that whole thing sounds like a scheme to defraud to me. Here in the peoples republic of new york you could get locked up for such a thing. maybe instead of emailing tdi you should be talking to the US Attorney?

You don't have to be a fighter pilot to make statements that have nothing to do about being a fighter pilot. It's when people make unsolicited statements about something they have no idea what they're talking about - that's what causes problems.

There have been more people that Darren has ripped off (or tried to) than what you have read publically on rebreatherworld. They send me PMs, and I urge them to contact TDI. They're hesitant to come forward publically because of the potential blowback by some of the members on this forum, and that is truly sad. However I believe the more people know about the ethics of Darren, the better decisions people can make about who to do business with in the Pacific.

I've also had multiple PMs from folks thanking me for my review as they were considering doing business with him, but have since gone elsewhere with far better results. I trust that TDI's investigation, and the business lost due to his business ethics taking center stage, will prevent people from getting screwed over far easier and quicker than litigation.

I care far more about preventing other people in this community from getting ripped off by Darren, than to directly go after Ocean Legends. If his business tanks because informed potential customers chose to go elsewhere, then that's simply capitalism at work.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post

not to inflame this topic any more there WAS a mil spec topaz but the mods were very simple this came right from shas and WAS confirmed by a military associate of mine but as stated were very minor changes and it was called the viper topaz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12