+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sidemount CCR

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

Sidemount CCR

Hi,

A few days ago, I had the opportunity to try the DecoDiver rebreather. It's a CCR built in the South of France by a bunch of enthusiastic divers (www.deepdevildivers.com), normally designed to be back mounted (see pictures in the "Other CCR" Gallery)

With a few minor changes (sideway mouthpiece, OPV on exhalation counterlung, etc), it can be sidemounted. Good WOB, easy handling and use. Therefore, this unit could be a good potential candidate as a Bail-out rebreather.

I know a few other CCRs that can also be sidemounted (EDO08, Duncan's babies).
    - Is there any other sidemount CCR available?
    - Does anybody used them in actual bail-out situation?
    - What are their practical limits (depth, WOB, size, etc) as a BOB (please, not another thread about scrubber temperature!! )?

Cheers

DeepDevilDiver Mistral Gagnant is an unknown quantity at this point Mistral Gagnant's Avatar
    TRITON

DDD

Hello Cedric, just a noification : the name of our rebreather is : DecoRider, it's mean nothing, but we like it like this...

See you.

Bebert.

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Verdier
    A few days ago, I had the opportunity to try the DecoDiver rebreather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral Gagnant
    Hello Cedric, just a noification : the name of our rebreather is : DecoRider, it's mean nothing, but we like it like this...

See you.

Bebert.
    Thank God for that you have just saved me a fortune in Lawyer's fees.....

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by cedricverdier
    EDO08 is a prototype, I don't know if it's already available.
    EDO05 is designed to be mounted as a stage tank, but it is a passive SCR.

Nad
    OC Trainer
    CCR Instructor
    English/Italian/French classes
    Everywhere needed

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    I believe Reinhard Buchaly has a sidemount version of the RB80. The Meg also has sidemount versions. A lot of homebuilders use them, myself included.

- What are their practical limits (depth, WOB, size, etc) as a BOB
    There are several D5 clones about or in progress. I wouldn't use mine as a bailout as it has no ADV.

John Volanthen sidemounts a DecoRider - he has used it standalone and in conjuction with a YBOD.

Rick Stanton has used his BotS to sub 100m and as bailout (to a KISS) for real. He's making some more.

I'd like to see a sidemounted Meg. I understand that it uses only one counterlung. Most of the sidemount RB's I've come across are similar.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Received parts of the TR-300 a few days ago. My plan was to convert it into a side-mount bail-out CCR unit.

However, I will be gone to Sharm for 3 weeks so nothing will start until after June...

I bought it sight-unseen thinking that it might be smaller (size of 7L stage) where as it is more an 80cf AL with the cover case on. Personally, I don't think the cover needs to be so big, so will try to reduce that at the same time so the completion date might be pushed...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Price
    John Volanthen sidemounts a DecoRider - he has used it standalone and in conjuction with a YBOD.
    Correction it is a JOKI from Fred Badier.

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

sidemount Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Price
    Rick Stanton has used his BotS to sub 100m and as bailout (to a KISS) for real. He's making some more.

I'd like to see a sidemounted Meg. I understand that it uses only one counterlung. Most of the sidemount RB's I've come across are similar.
    Hi Duncan,

I discussed with Leon Scamahorn about the sidemount Meg but it was only a prototype with a modified T-piece for a different breathing hose routing. It looks like ISC has no sidemount version available for sale.

Do you have any information about Rick Stanton's BotS? I never heard anything about it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral Gagnant

See you.

Bebert.
    Sorry about the mispelling

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast