+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2-cassette scrubber system for the Meg

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: 2-cassette scrubber system for the Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    Really?

What did I just say?
    What you say isn't really relevant, you assumed the reaction front in cassette #2 is board and shallow. Evidence please...

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    what you say isn't really relevant, you assumed the reaction front in cassette #2 is board and shallow. Evidence please...

the reaction front in cassette #2 is broad and shallow, because cassette #2 should be unused, except for minor breakthroughs from cassette #1, which will be absorbed very quickly (=shallow)on cassette #2.

If I am wrong, how is it possible that so many rEvo-divers have survived without any issues, when saving lots of money on sorb?!?

That should be more than enough evidence for you...

And if it is difficult to understand how a dual scrubber works:

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...ing__v01en.pdf
    Last edited by jlovold; 20th September 2016 at 18:56.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    the reaction front in cassette #2 is broad and shallow, because cassette #2 should be unused, except for minor breakthroughs from cassette #1, which will be absorbed very quickly (=shallow)on cassette #2.

If I am wrong, how is it possible that so many rEvo-divers have survived without any issues, when saving lots of money on sorb?!?

That should be more than enough evidence for you...

And if it is difficult to understand how a dual scrubber works:

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...ing__v01en.pdf
    The dual scrubber on the revo isn't oriented like this one at all. But do whatever you want.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    The dual scrubber on the revo isn't oriented like this one at all. But do whatever you want.
    Which is why I asked what direction the flow on the exhale side was. Also, they need some free volume between the screens of the cassettes for letting the gas flow properly.

Except for that, there shouldn´t be too much of an issue with their design. As long as the cassettes are properly packed, they should be good to use, and would save them a bit on sorb.

Of course, if you only dive at home, you usually have cheap sorb. Its when you have to pay 20-25$ per kg that you really start to love the split scrubber. I think I did 6 days of tech-diving in Truk with less than 8kgs of sorb used...

RBW Member KISSit! is an unknown quantity at this point KISSit!'s Avatar

you guys really like to push each others buttons, eh?

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    The location of a breakthrough should always occur at the point of lowest delta pressure in the stack/stacks.

Michael

Should? Or does?
    Is this what happens in the video linked above? To me it seems not. The break through seems to happen more at the outer edge of the scrubber where its cooler.
    Perhaps I am confused about the term break through. Do we mean where all the sorb is used up and CO2 can pass through, or do we mean that the sorb isn't working all that effectively and allowing some CO2 to pass. Or is it both?

Either way I still dont understand how reversing the gas flow when changing the inhale scrubber to the exhale position changes anything.

RBW Member Peter Warming is an unknown quantity at this point Peter Warming's Avatar
    Sirius CCR

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Warming  View Original Post
    How's it working out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3