+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2-cassette scrubber system for the Meg

RBW Member KISSit! is an unknown quantity at this point KISSit!'s Avatar

2-cassette scrubber system for the Meg

Hi all, I put together this scrubber design, and a friend of mine volunteered to be the test diver. the idea is similar to the revo style, where you'd rotate through your cassettes. it's been on 2 test dives, with good seat-of-the-pants results, we used a IR temp gun and there was a nice temp difference between the upper and lower cassettes, but I don't have any way to actually test the performance.

what do you all think?
    scrubber cassette exploded.jpg

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: 2-cassette scrubber system for the Meg

Something similar is on my (lengthy) to-do list for my Classic.

But now I have a temp stick it gets a little more complicated to switch the canisters.

Nice work.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

what ever happened to the Holgarthian or KISS concepts?
    The more you add on to a working system, the more problems you will have.
    In other words if a good simple system works properly for 999 out of every 1000 dives, by the time you add a couple of additional systems the success rate will be lower than 999/1000.
    If the additional systems make it easier to survive the original 1/1000 chance of failure, it's not a bad idea, but if the additional systems can also cause unsurvivable problems the end result could end up with more, instead of less fatalities.
    Then there will always be divers like me, who don't use seatbelts because they think that using seatbelts will make them drive less safely

Michael

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Seems like its whole purpose is to push the scrubber to the max.
    Nice idea but without real time monitoring seems like a bad avenue. Sorb is cheap.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Seems like its whole purpose is to push the scrubber to the max.
    Nice idea but without real time monitoring seems like a bad avenue. Sorb is cheap.
    Not to the max. To the optimum.

It has worked great on the rEvo for many years.

But I can not see from the drawings if the flow-direction in the inhale-cassette changes when it is put in the exhale-position, like it does on the rEvo, which increases the amount of usable fresh sorb in the cassette .
    Last edited by jlovold; 19th September 2016 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post

But I can not see from the drawings if the flow-direction in the inhale-cassette changes when it is put in the exhale-position, like it does on the rEvo, which increases the amount of usable fresh sorb in the cassette .
    OHHHHH, good callout. The flow direction does NOT change, I hadn't considered that...

CCR Cave Explorer jcr is an unknown quantity at this point jcr's Avatar
    Fathom CCR

If you're looking for greater efficiency, why don't you just buy a radial scrubber?

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post

Except that you have no idea how much of 2nd downstream section has been used. And sorb in an axial scrubber is not used up in uniform front.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr  View Original Post
    If you're looking for greater efficiency, why don't you just buy a radial scrubber?
    Whadda ya mean? this is the home build forum after all, and its more fun to design and build yourself!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast