+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to swap a Bauer Capitano for a smaller compressor

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

Want to swap a Bauer Capitano for a smaller compressor

I have a Capitano Bauer that I would like to swap for a smaller compressor. Not enough room in my town house. It has a single phase motor and will work on a dryer circuit.

RBW Member dmiles is an unknown quantity at this point dmiles's Avatar
    MEG, Hollis Explorer

Re: Want to swap a Bauer Capitano for a smaller compressor

Any interest in a Coltri M6CH? It works great, just filled 2 tanks today. I replaced the Honda gas engine with electric, would be willing to let both go.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusButler  View Original Post
    I have a Capitano Bauer that I would like to swap for a smaller compressor. Not enough room in my town house. It has a single phase motor and will work on a dryer circuit.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Stop.

Consider.

I have recently rebuilt an old (1984) capitano but in a vertical configuration with motor sitting underneath the compressor.

I look at the juniors, the babies of the Bauer range (and presumably equivalent the babies of all the others) and think "not much room saved".

Whatever you downgrade to would take same oil, same noise, much the same power but deliver same or more time in terms of fills etc.

Really, is this something that makes sense?

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

its a space limitation.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

its a space limitation.
    I get that. But when you take into account the frame, filters, whips etc for a Junior - do you really save any space?

One thing that really helped me for floorspace with my Capitano was reconfiguring it so the frame now stands on one end with the motor under the compressor. A little cutting and welding was required to make it fit but it turned out pretty easy. Still works great and it has about halved the footprint of the compressor.

Optima

it's the compressor or me

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

it's the compressor or me
    I'm afraid that you have your priorities mixed up. Actually it's the compressor or your better half. Better halfs are easier to get than a good compressor, i.o.w get your sh*t together and keep the compressorif this is the first condition she sets, what conditions will she be setting in 10 years?

Michael

Optima

well it is a German Car, I have figured how to shoe horn the compressor in so I am withdrawing my swap request.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

well it is a German Car, I have figured how to shoe horn the compressor in so I am withdrawing my swap request.
    They are even worse than better halfs.

I remember hanging out at the parking lot next to little devils almost 20 years ago. A red Ferrari slowly drives down the hill and parks next to me and my buddies. The car doors open and very long, tanned and beautiful legs start coming out on the drivers side. Hot Pants, Halter top, beautiful slim body, big breasts, a face that I would kill for to be able to kiss and hip length blond hair competes the rest of the driver's body. On the passenger side an old, almost bald geezer with a Rolex on his arm, wearing a short sleeved shirt with buttons , bermudas and sandals with socks climbs out, and they slowly walk together towards the stairs with her helping him over the rough spots on the long 50M walk.
    I'm looking at the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, wondering what the old geezer has that I don't until I realize that it is money. My buddys are staring at the woman and the car, and I hear one of them say "shitty car for cave diving".
    I learned then, from my buddies, that you really need to set your priorities. European cars are not built to haul around a weekends worth of cave diving gear including multiple scooters for 2 divers.

That woman, with a white econoline van would have been irresistable.

Michael
    Last edited by michael-fisch; 21st September 2016 at 14:45.

+ Reply to Thread