+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colkan digital secondary availability

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Colkan digital secondary availability

Grumble, grumble.

After busting my Mk 15.5 analog secondary for the fourth time, I have decided I do not want to wait much longer for a digital version.

If anyone sees delivery of their Colkan digital secondary, would you let me know? Last time I talked to Kane they were still working on the pricing and availability. Does anyone want to sell me theirs?

So, yes you are supposed to protect these things like your own balls. But these are supposed to be military, tough, aren't they? The last two times I killed the thing was coming back across the channel from Niihau to Kauai in average Hawaiian seas. My rb was on my towboard behind my Waverunner, and the secondary was wrapped in a neoprene cold water bootie. But I doubt that this was a much bouncier ride than Navy divers would experience on their inflatables, right?

On those crossings my balls were just fine and they didn't have a thick layer of neoprene protecting them like my secondary did. Apparently jewelled movements are better for more peaceful waters sans the stiff trade winds and swells like Hawaii.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Re: Colkan digital secondary availability

Mate Pm Koputai (Jason) he makes them for Colkan.

regards Baz

Subsea Systems koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai's Avatar

Kent, as I said in the pm, there's no back door, they'll be ready soon, you can hand the fun tickets over to Col and have your very own!
    You must have had bad luck with your analogue, I've had mine bouncing around various oceans on some very rough rides, hell, even on Bazza's boat, and it's never failed. In the Solomons a few years ago, our units were getting bounced at least three feet in the air and slammed onto the bottom of the boat with every wave for an hour and a half each trip. Neither the Mk nor any of the Inspo's suffered, amazingly.

Regards,
    Jason.

A Prismer in Megland Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear has a spectacular aura about Underwaterbear's Avatar

In the Solomons a few years ago, our units were getting bounced at least three feet in the air and slammed onto the bottom of the boat with every wave for an hour and a half each trip. Neither the Mk nor any of the Inspo's suffered, amazingly.

IMHE I would expect that would bust the arse out of a rig like mine.

So Jas, if fitted to a prism does your unit make the trim pots in the head redundant?

Cheers
    AB

Subsea Systems koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Underwaterbear
    So Jas, if fitted to a prism does your unit make the trim pots in the head redundant?
    I wish it would, but unfortunately the trimpots are potted in the head and are in line with the secondary output so can't be bypassed. What you can do is just set them and forget them, then use the digital calibration from then on.

Cheers,
    Jason.
    http://www.deepdiving.net

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Hi Kent,

Another alternative for either a temporary solution or as a spare: Mark Munroe (ppO2.com) built at one time some prototype boards for homebuilt MK15 secondaries. Giving him a buzz might be worth a try.

Alternatively, I made a smaller one (for my BMR500 w/ MK15 electronics) by using one of his remote battery 3 sensor boards as a starting point. I had to strip a few traces and place a few jumpers to reverse the board’s polarity to accommodate the bizarre + common of the MK series. Email me for pix if you want to try this route.

Very best,
    Ken

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Question Re: Colkan digital secondary availability

Quote Originally Posted by Underwaterbear

IMHE I would expect that would bust the arse out of a rig like mine.

Cheers
    AB
    I own a PRISM. What are Trim pots, never heard that term before?

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by dive2dive2000
    I own a PRISM. What are Trim pots, never heard that term before?
    Ooops. Aka as calibration pot. ;)

RBW Member SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL is just really nice SteveL's Avatar

Just in case you guys dont know what this is all about go to

www.deepdiving.net and have alook -

Jas,

can you put a photo up of the back and maybe one with the port removed. Wondering how do you access the battery?

Im guessing the unit just screws into the centre section as a direct PnP for original ? I am guessing that as it displayes primary battery condition there is a link from the secondary port on the center section back through the horseshoe "circuit bit" and then back into the primary somehow? Just curious on this one -

What is the setpoint reading in some of the other pics I see - how does this work if the display is just the cell mV calibrated through the trim pots?

Thanks mate and well done - look forward to seeing one in the wild - looks to be a great beastie -

Steve L

ps I bet Timbo loved pumping the pot to 650m for the leak test -

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by teksimple
    Apparently jewelled movements are better for more peaceful waters sans the stiff trade winds and swells like Hawaii.

Yes, especially the single jewled movements used in the MKs. The newer Prisms have a double jeweled movement which is a bit more robust. I just returned from a Komodo liveaboard with my Prism, got mighty bouncy in the RIB. Windy, off season. 350 hrs and no problems yet with the 2dry, always keep it clipped off resting on the wing, unit on it's back.
    The Colkan digi gages look excellent though, might get one myself for a back up... -Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast