+ Reply to Thread

Thread: COPIS 2 Oxygen Reg Specs

RBW Member jayc is an unknown quantity at this point jayc's Avatar
    COPIS Megalodon

APD Vision

COPIS 2 Oxygen Reg Specs

So I'm getting into a COPIS 2 but the set I'm getting is a stripped unit and I need to source an O2 1st stage. What I'm looking to find out is this. Do I need the modified apeks ds4 from ISC or is there an alternative that I can have spec'd out to accommodate the need of the COPIS? I have on hand SP MK2s and MK25s. Are these going to be something I can make work? I know I need to address the depth compensating / non depth compensating issue and need an IP of 10 ATA to get the unit to its 85m range before going off board manual. Just need to know about the primary feed.

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg

Re: COPIS 2 Oxygen Reg Specs

Quote Originally Posted by jayc  View Original Post
    So I'm getting into a COPIS 2 but the set I'm getting is a stripped unit and I need to source an O2 1st stage. What I'm looking to find out is this. Do I need the modified apeks ds4 from ISC or is there an alternative that I can have spec'd out to accommodate the need of the COPIS? I have on hand SP MK2s and MK25s. Are these going to be something I can make work? I know I need to address the depth compensating / non depth compensating issue and need an IP of 10 ATA to get the unit to its 85m range before going off board manual. Just need to know about the primary feed.
    SP mk2 will work perfect (O2 Clean) you are going to need a 90 degree omniswivel per reg to route your hose and over pressure relief valve. The first Megs came out with SP mk 2 and I dived my meg like that ( to about 400 ft with no issues) for many years. The mk25s are overkill and on the O2 side atleast a low performance reg like the mk2 is actually preferred. I am currently using SP mk 11 on my meg and works well.
    Last edited by Dive Africa; 8th September 2016 at 21:43.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Get the DS4 from ISC. Easy. Now you can get a DS4 anywhere and just clip the plunger. This is how I got my DS4 from ISC on my Copis1. You can also get a DS4 ambiant pressure plug online. FYI, you can also use a Tek3 or a DST with the same plug.
    MK2s are difficult to plug. Mk25s, it's been done in the past, but it's you need to machine a cap....
    As a side note, use the same reg on both side: easier to route, to service.....

RBW Member jayc is an unknown quantity at this point jayc's Avatar
    COPIS Megalodon

APD Vision

Thank you for the input guys. Knowing this now anyone out there have a set of ds4 or tek3 they want to part with? I'll source the plug from add helium before I go mucking about with my MK2's. That or I'll call ISC for new ones if need be.

+ Reply to Thread