+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P2 divers, what do you store your scrubber basket in?

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

P2 divers, what do you store your scrubber basket in?

I'm getting tired of "double bagging" my scrubber basket in Ziploc bags when I take it out of my unit with time remaining on the scrubber material.

Does anyone have a better solution?
    • Home built PVC canister?
    • Particular make & model of Pelican or Storm case?
    • Tupperware or other product robbed from the kitchen?
    Thanks!
    max

RBW Member Pat O'Brien is an unknown quantity at this point Pat O'Brien's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Re: P2 divers, what do you store your scrubber basket in?

Hi,
    Most people I know use a PVC dry bag, you can find them at most sporting goods stores. they roll up and travel well with the unit.

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

I use a 25L dry bag. I take it everywhere I go. I store my things in it when the scrubber is actually in the unit.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Max,

I use a large and a small PVC rollup dry bag. (2) two of them. Then when I get on the boat I put the dry bags in a igloo box to protect the dry bag.

I never reuse the sorb even if I do one long dive. Sounds wasteful, I know but I don't want to take a chance. Normally I always do two dives.

Best regards,
    Chett
    Chett. L

RBW Member H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2 Instructor

Hollis Explorer Inst Trainer

home depot has a cheap white painters bucket, like $3. Bag it and put it in the bucket and snap the lid. This provides structural protection. I keep extra bags in the bucket and they also serve as wadded up padding.-Eric
    Attached Images

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Like others, I use a dry bag. The one I have is pretty thick and seals well, so I only use the one. The scrubber fits inside nice and snug. I also squeeze any excess air out when rolling it up.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by H2Ocaver  View Original Post
    home depot has a cheap white painters bucket, like $3. Bag it and put it in the bucket and snap the lid. This provides structural protection. I keep extra bags in the bucket and they also serve as wadded up padding.-Eric
    Wow thats using your head. Very cool idea.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member tstormdiver is an unknown quantity at this point tstormdiver's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM2

I use an 8qt round food container. Rigid, clear plastic & an air tight seal.

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tstormdiver  View Original Post
    I use an 8qt round food container. Rigid, clear plastic & an air tight seal.
    Got a make & model? A quick search on Amazon didn't turn one up.

m

I tried a 16 cup sterilite food container today. No go. Just a bit to small.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast