+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What used scooter

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Re: What used scooter

Thanks for all who have contributed so far.
    Baz

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar

OK, so I know mark from way back, popped down and purchase his Gavin short body. Having a look around the web I see a Finnish company (I think) that offer a Gavin maintenance course? Is there anyone here in the uk that would do a course like that, running through before\after dive care and strip down (plus maybe an afternoon\day in the water?
    Regards
    Baz

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    Having a look around the web I see a Finnish company (I think) that offer a Gavin maintenance course? Is there anyone here in the uk that would do a course like that, running through before\after dive care and strip down (plus maybe an afternoon\day in the water?
    Regards
    Baz
    No offence intended but- You need a course for a Scooter?

Its a battery, switch, motor and prop, don't point it up, check your o-rings, don't put your finger in the prop to check anything and don't let it get wet inside... send me your £299 and I'll post you a cert card, sorted.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post

Its a battery, switch, motor and prop, don't point it up, check your o-rings, don't put your finger in the prop to check anything and don't let it get wet inside... send me your £299 and I'll post you a cert card, sorted.
    I will offer the same for only 249€ ;)

Have fun with your scooter !!

Send from my Shearwater Nerd

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Hello,

In Spain you can buy a brand new scooter with Li-ion batteries for just 1875 pounds.

Data Computer:
    - Battery level indicator
    - Flood sensor
    - Motor thermal sensor
    - Final warning battery power

Length: 660 mm (25")
    Nozzle diameter: 310 mm (12.2")
    Body diameter: 215 mm (8.15")
    Weight: 16,5 kg (36 lb)
    Autonomy at maximum: 100 min
    Autonomy at cruising: 180 min
    Maximum depth: 90 m
    Buoyancy in fresh water: Neutral
    Lithium-Ion Battery
    Two speeds
    General battery switch

https://youtu.be/bX-PggYdrnA

https://youtu.be/QwnOCzeqKMo

Here you have an online shop. Delivery costs are none in UK.

http://www.cascoantiguo.com/en/f761/tech-diving#
    Last edited by andrespp; 16th September 2016 at 16:56. Reason: correct typo

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post

None taken, I fully intend to learn on the fly so to speak, but would be nice if I could make it last more than a couple of dives. LOL.
    I found a manual on the web and it recommends Vac testing motor section especially if you open it up or work on the mechanical shaft seal but doesn't show where to connect and what level of vac to pull? and as the scooter is of age and I don't know the history Id like to strip the brushes out to check the length and clean the commutator before I wreck it.
    So if anyone has that sort of info I'll gladly listen (pic's would be the cherry on the cake too).

Regards

Baz.

Edit
    OK so I've spent a couple more hours on the net, found a video on vac test for the motor section but also raised more questions? It was suggested to me to store the scooter on its nose when not being used (ie at home between trips) but now I've seen others say on its side on a stand\frame and even on the prop cowling due to hydrogen being released from the batteries and being lighter than air? (All states removing the nose cone oring for the hydrogen\battery off gassing, they also said to remove the oring straight after the dive? So is that while still on the boat? Or before I stick it in the back of the car?
    The manual is vague to say the least, unless I only got the quick start guide?
    Last edited by turtle dude; 18th September 2016 at 09:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2