+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: O2 feed solutions on Meg. eccr - hccr

RBW Member max.horn is an unknown quantity at this point max.horn's Avatar
    Megalodon eCCR

Talking O2 feed solutions on Meg. eccr - hccr

Hello everyone!

I have some questions in my head, and need some advices
    Does any of you guys and girls using flow stoper on O2 feed?
    F.e. if solenoid stuck open, then you could just use flow stoper and fly manualy.
    Is it accualy useful to have flow stoper? Does anyone use it?...

Does any one use needle valve on their eccr's? Like in hccr mode.
    If yes, how do you mount it? And what could be mounting possibilities?

I tried to make some search in internet, but didn't find any solutions for Meg, exept one where needle valve mounted on inhale side on counterlung.. Which is not a solution for me..

And please, lest try not to discuss the way manual injection of O2 is made on Meg.
    BTW, does any moved their O2 injection to the left counterlung? (Not that I want to do it, but just interesting. how many there are :)) )

Max

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: O2 feed solutions on Meg. eccr - hccr

I am not diving a Meg, but rather a Defender. i have back mounted counterlungs and the MAV's are on my chest. I replaced my stock O2 MAV with a custom one which has a needle valve built into it and now run mine manually.

IMG_20160413_163223 2.jpg
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Credit to Chris Kennedy for the awesome custom needle valve.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

no to inline shut off on O2 feed line, when a need occurred due to stuck solenoid I just used the cylinder valve to shut off and feathered when O2 was required.
    I also do feed my O2 manual on the left lung (exhale lung).
    Don's hybrid set up is a workable solution, in case of a stuck solenoid you would also need to put an inline shut off to the solenoid feed in order to be able to use the needle valve set up.
    Gabe

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg

A problem that does happen but should not happen with good maintenance.

The Meg solenoid is super simple to clean and maintain - if you can service a regulator you can clean this solenoid and replace the o-rings.

So rather than trying to fix a symptom: take good care of your solenoid - service it regularly (every couple of hundred hours,if you think you mighty have gotten salt water anywhere close to the solenoid, see any rust, etc) - if in doubt replace the solenoid the are not really that expensive. Practice your boom drills and if the odd change that it happens feather your valve.

I have more than 2000 hours on my meg and not a single issue with the solenoid (touch wood) ever.

Dries

RBW Member max.horn is an unknown quantity at this point max.horn's Avatar
    Megalodon eCCR

For me is more interesting to discuss the possibility of using parachute systems.
    As probably many of you mentioned already that having solenoid is like having an automatic car, and flying unit manualy is like having manual gear

Hccr's for me is like having a manual gear car with cruise control. Which is really nice! :)

I like diving my Meg manualy. But maybe would not mind to upgrade manual injection a bit :)

Another thing is that, I know it would be better for the system to have an extra port in the head, but im not considering it... Not yet maybe :))

RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Mk15.5

Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

For the Meg, you'll need a modified or custom made tee piece for the gas add port. When I experimented with adding a needle valve to my Meg, I used a t-piece from Nortech Diving. It will fit the stock Meg counter lungs. I believe that O2 manual injection should be on the inhale lung, as designed but I ran the needle valve on the exhale lung. Make sure you order the correct t-piece re:thread direction. After that, it's just a matter of adding hose and elbows to suit your desired placement.

After a few dives, I took it all off and chucked it in the 'nice try' bin. An answer looking for a problem. I guess if I were headed to someplace like Bikini, I might consider bringing it along if it didn't tip my baggage into the next weight category.

ps. There may be other suppliers for a t-piece that will fit the stock Meg CL's...

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

LAR VI, Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

I went for the fitting of a direct injection point at the head expiration inlet.
    Just the matter ti create a spacer with a coupling.
    When I want to go hybrid I connect a small 1 lt oxy bottle with blinded DS4 and orifice.
    Very happy with that.
    BR
    D.
    Attached Images

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

I remember Chris Kennedy made a variation of a needle valve, integrating it with a O2 MAV (similar to a suit-inflator). I cant find the picture anywhere, but I thought it was a neat solution, avoiding more hoses.
    Last edited by jlovold; 3rd September 2016 at 11:01. Reason: found it!

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    I remember Chris Kennedy made a variation of a needle valve, integrating it with a O2 MAV (similar to a suit-inflator). I cant find the picture anywhere, but I thought it was a neat solution, avoiding more hoses.
    Wow that is a slick way to convert to a hCCR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast