+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Does anyone add weight in their Counterlungs

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Does anyone add weight in their Counterlungs

Oh I forgot to say... I found a real nice dive rite cam band that works great on the 3L tanks. I had to re-work it but its great. I'll post some pictures.
    Chett. L

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxguru  View Original Post
    I haven't forgotten that I promised pictures. My rebreather is getting pimped a bit more, starting today. She could be photo-ready by the weekend or first of next week.

m
    Here are the pictures of my P2's mods. The mods were done at Cave Adventurers in Marianna, FL. I've included pictures of both counterlungs, detached and attached from the harness. The harness attaches to the H-plate using the carriage bolts, but I think I swapped them out for slightly shorter bolts. I also use delrin thumbwheels instead of the wing nuts that come standard.

The shoulder straps' padding got cut off the SMS 75 a couple of inches shorter than the remaining webbing, and the clip that used to connect to the shoulder strap to the belt was relocated there.

There's a small bungee that keeps the velcro pad from the counterlung from folding under. Holes were burned through the velcro pad with a soldering iron for the bungee.

When I got it back from the shop, they'd run the original tube for the pull dump cord along the inside of the left counterlung by burning small holes and attaching it with zip ties. I decided I wanted the inflator to be in its original location, so I cut the ties, stored the tube someplace where I can find it if I need it, and re-switched the pull dump and the LP inflator to their original locations.

The butt plate is in the way of the stand a little bit, but if you put it close to the edge of the bench and let it hang over, it works fine. It is front heavy if you put any weight in the counterlungs, but I always keep it secured on the bench.

The last mod is a Line-X coating of the cover. When I got it back this morning, it didn't fit onto the scrubber bucket mounting points very well because of the added thickness from the Line-X. A bit of whittling on the inside of the cover solved that problem.

It's not shown in the pictures, but on the left tank bracket, I mount a small cylinder for drysuit inflation, and on the right I mount a light canister. I hold each one in place with some loops of 3/16" bungee. I can't reach the switch on my Light Monkey light, so I splurged and got an Underwater Light Dude light with the switch on the light head. I used to mount these items to the sides of my back plate, on the inside of my wing, but now that the backplate is gone, I had to come up with something different.

Cheers,
    max

IMG_3139.jpgIMG_3131.jpgIMG_3138.jpgIMG_3136.jpgIMG_3140.jpgIMG_3132.jpgIMG_3133.jpgIMG_3134.jpgIMG_3135.jpg

rEvoooooo JoeHuaSEALs is an unknown quantity at this point JoeHuaSEALs's Avatar
    Prism II , LAR V , OMG C96,

Revo Micro III

I used to put weight in CL I find it was kinda weird trim for me, they Cl are long on my body so the weights are kinda hanging on my core, which is not a good trim position.

I saw this guy on youtube, he put the weights on top of the cover and main head, he just ziptied the thing on the metal bar, don't know how he put it on cover with weights but it seems works great,

IMO that would be the perfect spots for weights.

here is the video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDy2we9a36Q

rEvoooooo JoeHuaSEALs is an unknown quantity at this point JoeHuaSEALs's Avatar
    Prism II , LAR V , OMG C96,

Revo Micro III

Quote Originally Posted by maxguru  View Original Post
    Here are the pictures of my P2's mods. The mods were done at Cave Adventurers in Marianna, FL. I've included pictures of both counterlungs, detached and attached from the harness. The harness attaches to the H-plate using the carriage bolts, but I think I swapped them out for slightly shorter bolts. I also use delrin thumbwheels instead of the wing nuts that come standard.

The shoulder straps' padding got cut off the SMS 75 a couple of inches shorter than the remaining webbing, and the clip that used to connect to the shoulder strap to the belt was relocated there.

There's a small bungee that keeps the velcro pad from the counterlung from folding under. Holes were burned through the velcro pad with a soldering iron for the bungee.

When I got it back from the shop, they'd run the original tube for the pull dump cord along the inside of the left counterlung by burning small holes and attaching it with zip ties. I decided I wanted the inflator to be in its original location, so I cut the ties, stored the tube someplace where I can find it if I need it, and re-switched the pull dump and the LP inflator to their original locations.

The butt plate is in the way of the stand a little bit, but if you put it close to the edge of the bench and let it hang over, it works fine. It is front heavy if you put any weight in the counterlungs, but I always keep it secured on the bench.

The last mod is a Line-X coating of the cover. When I got it back this morning, it didn't fit onto the scrubber bucket mounting points very well because of the added thickness from the Line-X. A bit of whittling on the inside of the cover solved that problem.

It's not shown in the pictures, but on the left tank bracket, I mount a small cylinder for drysuit inflation, and on the right I mount a light canister. I hold each one in place with some loops of 3/16" bungee. I can't reach the switch on my Light Monkey light, so I splurged and got an Underwater Light Dude light with the switch on the light head. I used to mount these items to the sides of my back plate, on the inside of my wing, but now that the backplate is gone, I had to come up with something different.

Cheers,
    max

Attachment 42157Attachment 42156Attachment 42158Attachment 42159Attachment 42160Attachment 42161Attachment 42162Attachment 42163Attachment 42164
    awesome setup man ! did you painted your own cover ? can you share the paint brand? it looks pretty dope

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Regarding the weights on top of the cover. I have dove with another HP2 friend that flipped his 3L steel tanks up side down 180, with the valves and 1st stage on top. He had to re-rought all the hoses to make this work. In the end his trim is real nice as there is more weight on top. Make sure if you try this that you can reach the O2 and Dil valves to turn on or off. Think about how much weight you are adding to the top of the unit and taking of the bottom that makes you ass heavy.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 17th March 2017 at 09:54.
    Chett. L

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHuaSEALs  View Original Post
    awesome setup man ! did you painted your own cover ? can you share the paint brand? it looks pretty dope
    I had the cover painted at a place where they coat truck beds. The brand is Line-X. If you have yours done or do it yourself, make sure to do the following...
    • Pay close attention to how the latch hardware is installed. I let the Line-X guys disassemble it before they coated it and I got back a little baggie full of latch hardware. It took me a bit of figuring to see how it was supposed to go back together.
    • Mask off the holes where the cover mounts to the scrubber bucket. Line-X made the cover too thick from outside to inside to go onto the mount points. I was able to trim away the excess, but that stuff is tough!
    Enjoy!
    max

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4