+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faber LP 80s as a set of bailout tanks

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Faber LP 80s as a set of bailout tanks

A friend of mine called to ask my advice and I had none to offer. He is putting together another set of deep bailout tanks and can get a real good deal on a set of Faber LP 80 bailout tanks. He asked me because he has seen my lp 85s (Which are .25 inches skinnier and 2 inches taller)

I told him that I have no clue how they would sit or if they are a good tank for his use.

Anyone have feedback that I can convey to him?

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Faber LP 80s as a set of bailout tanks

faber 2400psi 80s are about 2lbs heavier in the butt/bottom than 2400psi faber 85s
    -1.7 vs neutral empty

With trimix I suspect they will be quite nice sidemounted. If slung more like a stage they might be a bit head heavy depending on his counterlung positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    faber 2400psi 80s are about 2lbs heavier in the butt/bottom than 2400psi faber 85s
    -1.7 vs neutral empty

With trimix I suspect they will be quite nice sidemounted. If slung more like a stage they might be a bit head heavy depending on his counterlung positioning.
    Never tried them as bailout but I have tried sidemounting them a couple of times. If he had the option, 85s are a lot more comfortable for me. The 80s are a bit fatter and shorter and just feel awkward. That may just be me not wanting to spend any time to get comfortable with them though.

RBW Member techintime is an unknown quantity at this point techintime's Avatar
    Revo III micro FT RMS

To each his own and definitely not a huge deal, but I'm a fan of standardization across a team as much as possible. The standard that he is likely to be handed (if needed) and donate (if needed), borrow/rent (if traveling) are AL-80s. As cheap as AL-80s are, is the minor savings of this "good deal" really worth his having his own unique weighting and trim adjustments to a fairly rare bailout tank?

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

I am also a big fan of AL-80s for the same reasons. When you say "deep" bailout that implies to be that there will be a high HE content. For me that is either 15/75 or 10/75 making the tanks very well balanced when slung side mount.

Quote Originally Posted by techintime  View Original Post
    To each his own and definitely not a huge deal, but I'm a fan of standardization across a team as much as possible. The standard that he is likely to be handed (if needed) and donate (if needed), borrow/rent (if traveling) are AL-80s. As cheap as AL-80s are, is the minor savings of this "good deal" really worth his having his own unique weighting and trim adjustments to a fairly rare bailout tank?

+ Reply to Thread