+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archive term search?

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Archive term search?

Good day all!

I'm looking to find old prism threads, the search bar and advanced search only have a couple pages of results, but when I go into a user's posts there are great threads cerca 2005 that I can't seem to access via search.

What am I missing to be able to find old posts, perhaps without thread tags?

Regards,
    Cameron

p.s. It's only a rumor I have read through several member's entire post history in this search.
    Last edited by Sparedone; 17th August 2016 at 20:09. Reason: Spelling and other banes of my existance.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: Archive term search?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    Good day all!

I'm looking to find old prism threads, the search bar and advanced search only have a couple pages of results, but when I go into a user's posts there are great threads cerca 2005 that I can't seem to access via search.

What am I missing to be able to find old posts, perhaps without thread tags?

Regards,
    Cameron

p.s. It's only a rumor I have read through several member's entire post history in this search.
    Most fora search engines totally suck. Often, the best way to find stuff is with Google.

Type your search terms in and add, somewhere in the search text,
    Code:
    site:www.rebreatherworld.com
    The site keyword tells the goggle to restrict itself just to the site in question. So long as the forum engine is well behaved for search engine robots (and most are), it'll usually give you better results than the search offered by the site.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Archive term search?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Most fora search engines totally suck. Often, the best way to find stuff is with Google.

Type your search terms in and add, somewhere in the search text,
    Code:
    site:www.rebreatherworld.com
    The site keyword tells the goggle to restrict itself just to the site in question. So long as the forum engine is well behaved for search engine robots (and most are), it'll usually give you better results than the search offered by the site.
    Thank you! Also for enclosing the google conditions. I'll give it a whirl.

Cheers!
    Cameron

+ Reply to Thread