+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sensor testing box 2nd gen

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Sensor testing box 2nd gen

About a year ago I made some simple sensor testing box out of some old parts.
    Search for: Oxygen Sensor Calibration box

It was working nice, but still not OK for me. Besides of that quite a number of mails reached me, so I thought why not optimizing it.
    So I use the (more or less) same pot, just a bit optimized and more convenient some electronics and of course a new digital display was added...all in a box......so much nicer as the first shot last year out of old parts...smile...
    So here again some picture to enjoy..or not...

AST1.jpg
    In short words, it can check 1-3 sensors, various connectors are possible, just easy chance of cables

AST7.jpgAST6.jpg

Max pressure to the box is 2,5 bar (due the high resolution pressure sensor) . But 2 bar of O2 is more than fine.

AST2.jpg
    Sensors can be checked manually or in a semi automatic process/run where the measurement is stored in the unit and can be read out by a computer (MS-Excel on Windows only!..sorry to the MAC guys...).

AST5.jpgAST4.jpg

It can do more.....no question

M

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Sensor testing box 2nd gen

Brilliant designing. I appreciate the build quality. Thank you for sharing the new model.

If you ever decide to sell one, please let me know.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Hi Martin,
    If you ever do a small production run, let me know a few months ahead of time since I'd need a bit of time to get the money together (Weinachtsgeld). CE sticker is something I'd be happy to do without, which means that I would have to do the final assembly myself (since I learned which end of a screwdriver to hold long ago, and everything I've ever bought from you has worked perfectly, shouldn't be a problem).

Michael

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

I'm also interested.
    Will we see the kit on your website?

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

What price span would it fall in?

Poslano z mojega SM-J500FN z uporabo Tapatalk

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Very nice looking cell checker!

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Mine showed up yesterday, as far as I can tell it's serial number 6, and it's mine!
    So far I've done 1 test run and I'm happy with how the testing works including downloading the data to a laptop. I will buy a longer USB2 A to B cable though, anything much shorter than 28-30" is a bit too short for me.
    Currently I've got cablesets for:
    SMB Coax Female SF2
    3 pin Molex using the 2 outer pins Flex and others
    1/8" Phone Jack Boris and others

and by Wednesday I'll have a cableset made up for the Inspiration YBOD's too.

Yes, the device drivers also work with Windows 10.

I'm happy that Martin was willing to sell me one of his and I'm sure that I'll be happy with it for a long time, it does everything I could ever dream of asking from a cell checker.

Martin, again - you do good work! Thank You!

Michael

RBW Member zellnera is an unknown quantity at this point zellnera's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Since I now know that Martin is selling I can also tell you that mine is working perfect.

I received it 2 or 3 weeks ago and tested it out twice.

I use it for the JJ cells and it worked perfect. You only need to be a little careful by installing the cells since the JJ cells have the long cable.

If you need a new checker contact Martin before the first batch is out.

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

After receiving a super good feedback I thought it was time to give the sensor tester a small upgrade and fine polish.

A bit of internal hardware was optimized and Firmware was enhanced and the Excel files allow now easier visual analysis of the data shown.

TesterV2_1.jpg

The list besides the graph now shows the real measure mV and the allowed deviation based on the max. allowed tolerance entered by the user. As seen values out of range (causing the FAILED) will be shown in red.

Data of the last run is now always stored and can be downloaded later, even when box was turn off.

As there was already (nearly) all needed hardware built in to turn the unit into an standard O2 analyzer for NOX and TMX mixes I thoughtwhy notadding this gimmick.

TesterV2_2.jpg

A little bit over powered, but the analyzer function can be used with up to three cells....

TesterV2_3.jpg

So a few small things were added to give it its final stage
    A manual to explain all a bit more detailed is availabe as pdf.

Last edited by caver99; 8th November 2016 at 21:39.

+ Reply to Thread