+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hollis Explorer Handset Screen Extremely Dull

RBW Member kylenance is an unknown quantity at this point kylenance's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

Hollis Explorer Handset Screen Extremely Dull

How's it going guys?

I went to Hollis with this issue via phone and email and I have yet to receive an answer so I figured y'all could help me out. I bought myself a Hollis Explorer used about 8 months back. I didn't make much of a big deal about it but it's gotten to the point to where it is extremely annoying. The screen on the handset is extremely dull and is impossible to see when outdoors and very difficult to see underwater. I assumed there was a brightness setting in the set up portion of the computer but couldn't find anything. I had rented an explorer in the past before I purchased mine and the screen on that one was perfectly visible. Has anyone had this issue and know if it's an easy fix or do I have to get it sent in?

Thanks

RBW Member H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2 Instructor

Hollis Explorer Inst Trainer

Re: Hollis Explorer Handset Screen Extremely Dull

Where did you buy it? The RB dealers are also service centers, so they should be able to diagnose or just get an RA#. If you bought used then you might be on the hook. If you can't get anywhere locally, pm me, I can get it fixed-Eric

RBW Member kylenance is an unknown quantity at this point kylenance's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

I bought it used online from Add Helium. There is a dealer about an hour away so I'll take it up there to them and hope they can fix it. I'll pm you if I can't find a solution. Thank you.

RBW Member Aurelio is an unknown quantity at this point Aurelio's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

I know 2 instructors had the same issue on different units.
    Both will be going to the manufacturer in order to fix the problem.
    One thing I heard is that it could happen after exposing the machine for long periods on the sun.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

+ Reply to Thread