+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who has insurance on their unit?

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Who has insurance on their unit?

(Insert Bevis & Butthead quote here)

That taken care of, who's got some sort of insurance on your unit? What's it cover?

There were a few posts over on the APD Divers FB group about people getting the repair bill for accidental damage to their units (dropped head, ripped handset cord, etc) covered by insurance. It seems like those instances were covered by homeowners insurance in the UK.

My renters insurance only covers theft and natural disasters. To get something more comprehensive, it seems I have to get something special, like equipment insurance through DAN (h2oinsurance).

Since these things are expensive, surely other people have gone through the same thought process. Who ended up getting extra insurance for their dive gear?

Jim

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: Who has insurance on their unit?

I had no issue insuring my CCR as part of my contents insurance here in NZ.

BUT to insure my DPV (s) would require a separate policy much like my boat....except it costs twice as much as the boat for halve the value.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

This Ohta be interesting.?
    Chett. L

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

I had mine done with contents Insurance, I explained it was Diving equipment and worth a Lot, went into detail etc. They gave me Special Insurance ( :) ) and this was for Theft at Home, in my car, for equipment being broken above or Under water, left fall over board, and for 45 days outside of the Country i lived in, it was the Job. Now have to look again for something similar - once i obtain a new CCR.. Not looking forward to the Quotes back Home here, as Insurance has gone through the roof in General.

Happy Hunting

RBW Member Yeates is an unknown quantity at this point Yeates's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

I took out specified insurance on my unit and other equipment shortly before a Red Sea tec trip. I specified the items with photos and serial numbers. I specifically took 'all risk'. Year later my computer flooded during a 330ft dive. Unit was replaced no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Remco is an unknown quantity at this point Remco's Avatar
    JJ CCR

I did it , I have one for €5000,- , the cost are very low.
    +/- €8,- a month , insured at home , theft , on travel and holiday , out of my car.

The insurance is covered by my home insurance as an ad on For valuable stuff ,
    just had to show them the real price I bought the JJ for and then it was ok…

R

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    I had mine done with contents Insurance, I explained it was Diving equipment and worth a Lot, went into detail etc. They gave me Special Insurance ( :) ) and this was for Theft at Home, in my car, for equipment being broken above or Under water, left fall over board, and for 45 days outside of the Country i lived in, it was the Job. Now have to look again for something similar - once i obtain a new CCR.. Not looking forward to the Quotes back Home here, as Insurance has gone through the roof in General.

Happy Hunting
    Clive, you mind if I ask who it was through (presumably in Perth) and roughly what it cost?

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Clive, you mind if I ask who it was through (presumably in Perth) and roughly what it cost?
    Hi Simon, it was through Youi - I had to tell them what it was, in detail, and because I had it Insured for almost anything, it worked out at $75 pm

It was a lot but, a few dodgy heads moved in to my area and well I wasn't taken any chances with my stuff, but the best part was the 45 days cover, anywhere in the Globe, piece of mind. Hope your well.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    Hi Simon, it was through Youi - I had to tell them what it was, in detail, and because I had it Insured for almost anything, it worked out at $75 pm

It was a lot but, a few dodgy heads moved in to my area and well I wasn't taken any chances with my stuff, but the best part was the 45 days cover, anywhere in the Globe, piece of mind. Hope your well.
    Ouch, I can appreciate you going down this road if things were getting a bit dicey where you lived but at $75pm maybe you got done by a different bunch of thieves! :)

Thanks for the info. On a full spec Meg and with all the goodies it might make sense, but on my $2500 classic it would be cheaper to have it stolen every three years than pay insurance at that rate. Still, it's good to know there's a company that offers the cover.

Going well thanks, hope you're settling well into the new/old digs ok.

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Ouch, I can appreciate you going down this road if things were getting a bit dicey where you lived but at $75pm maybe you got done by a different bunch of thieves! :)

Thanks for the info. On a full spec Meg and with all the goodies it might make sense, but on my $2500 classic it would be cheaper to have it stolen every three years than pay insurance at that rate. Still, it's good to know there's a company that offers the cover.

Going well thanks, hope you're settling well into the new/old digs ok.
    Indeed, I had it for Meg, & basically everything else so yes a fair whack, I did it for a year then that was that. That was for All my Home contents aswell..

Yes settling in good now, be Diving again soon ����
    Last edited by Clive O' Driscoll; 25th September 2016 at 08:23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast