+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Industrial Oxygen - to medical grade

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Industrial Oxygen - to medical grade

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    FYI, aviation grade is available in NZ and it comes in 248 bar J cylinders.

I'd love to get O2 at 248 bar!!! Mine come at about 150bar, they don't go higher

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    I'd love to get O2 at 248 bar!!! Mine come at about 150bar, they don't go higher
    Yeah, its great. Only need 2 J's. Once the J that is most fill gets down to 120 bar we swap out the other ( usually about 60 bar). That way we always have at least 120 bar fills minimum but 180 bar on average with out the need to boost.
    Perhaps not ideal for a shop but fine for personal use.
    I should point out that is with BOC.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Hi guys ... a bit of background first. The local (Oz) dive industry is about to be faced with the main gas companies stopping supply to dive shops of pure medical O2. In their view dealing with such small volumes of medical O2 is just not worth the risk, time or effort for them.

Soooo what do I do ??? ... to use a membrane system to produce pure O2 is just a nightmare both practically and economically. The only other option I can see available is the use of Industrial O2 - which is not an option for a commercial dive shop.

This then leads to the point of the email .... can I and how would I filter Indust O2 to a Med O2 level ???

Any suggestions ???

regards Baz
    In NZ, Aviation grade is the replacement. comes in a different cylinder (taller than an industrial G - is it a "J" cylinder?) and has a type 11 bullnose - longer neck but same thread et al. Now because NZ is a slave to Oz regulation, I wouldn't mind suggesting that it will be the same in OZ. Having said that, the difference between medical grade, aviation grade and industrial grade is (1) cylinders, (2) fittings (Type 10, type 11 and pin) (3) whether or not they clean the cylinders between fills (4) filtering - in other words, minimal. Many people I know use industrial O2 and they are still alive, I have used medical and aviation and I am too although would argue that point. I've used industrial O2 in stages but never consciously used in a rebreather however I am sure that in the Philippines, PNG etc, I did. Ignorance is bliss after all.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Get the oxygen analyzed, find out what the 00.x% of impurity is. At that point you will know how suitable it is. I care more what the impurity is then how pure they oxygen is. 1% Nitrogen is no big deal, 1% CO and burn it through a torch. Both are considered 99% pure Oxygen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3