+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wonky Analyzer??

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Wonky Analyzer??

I have a Teledyne trimix analyzer, one of these things ---> http://www.teledyne-ai.com/manuals/man_mixchek.pdf.

I replaced the O2 sensor a few months back and since then it won't calibrate properly.

When I flow gas known to be air through it and adjust the span knob, the closest I can get to 20.9% is a reading of 22.9%.
    When I flow oxygen through it after attempting to calibrate it, it reads 108%, or thereabouts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    max

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Wonky Analyzer??

Quote Originally Posted by maxguru  View Original Post
    I have a Teledyne trimix analyzer, one of these things ---> http://www.teledyne-ai.com/manuals/man_mixchek.pdf.

I replaced the O2 sensor a few months back and since then it won't calibrate properly.

When I flow gas known to be air through it and adjust the span knob, the closest I can get to 20.9% is a reading of 22.9%.
    When I flow oxygen through it after attempting to calibrate it, it reads 108%, or thereabouts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    max
    If it's a new cell and the mV is steady on it in open air I'd say the potentiometer (calibration knob) or a resistor is bad.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Tried replacing the battery? Some analysers start getting a bit weird when the battery's getting very low.

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxguru  View Original Post

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    max
    I finally broke down and replaced the sensor. Now, the O2 Span adjustment will go down as low as about 17% in air, which means I can successfully calibrate the device.

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.

m

+ Reply to Thread