+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hollis Explorer-LSS not Charging

RBW Member Seadog1630 is an unknown quantity at this point Seadog1630's Avatar

Hollis Explorer-LSS not Charging

So looking for some advice re this problem please. Following a recent dive, the unit decided that one of the three batteries would not charge. Despite being left on charge for well past 24 hours the service mode is still saying one battery 0%. The other two and the hand set fine.
    I am in Perth, Western Australia and have been advised by one local dealer that the batteries are not designed to be replaced, and therefore I will require a new LSS.
    The unit was purchased second hand, but was new October 2014.
    I have contacted Hollis (and Oceanic), no reply as yet so figured I would see what feedback I get on here before I fork out for a new one
    Attached Images

RBW Member H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2 Instructor

Hollis Explorer Inst Trainer

Re: Hollis Explorer-LSS not Charging

The battery can be replaced, you will need to send it in to Hollis. You local Hollis RB dealer (RB dealer-NOT just a Hollis gear Dealer) can get an RA# and get it sent in. There is a V2 in testing right now. The LSS V2 has a much better design. it will be a while before it is available to users, at that point I would upgrade, but for now just send it in and get it fixed-Eric
    Attached Images

RBW Member Seadog1630 is an unknown quantity at this point Seadog1630's Avatar

Re: Hollis Explorer-LSS not Charging

That's good news. Many thanks for that. Interesting to hear about the V2 also. I will keep that in mind.
    Cheers,
    Ian

+ Reply to Thread