+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for Braided Hoses

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Looking for Braided Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by Jessekgoddard  View Original Post
    Returning to rubber for what reasons? Internal wear and chunks breaking off like I've seen pictures of? Price?
    Last longer, stay where you put them, don't abraid on the outside, the insides don't disintegrate over time, HP hoses don't blow and with the screw on 3/8" and 9/16" ends I can cut and modify my rubber hoses to the exact lengths wanted.

Probably lots of other reasons too, but I haven't found an advantage offered by braided hoses that justifies purchasing them.

Michael

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Jessekgoddard  View Original Post
    Returning to rubber for what reasons? Internal wear and chunks breaking off like I've seen pictures of? Price?
    Yes, the internal wear is a big factor in my decision. The marginal weight difference is immaterial. And since most hoses on a rebreather don't move around much, the flexibility is not usually an issue either.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Every miflex hose i have is 5 year old and have not had 1 issue . Lighter smaller higher pressure rated and braiding is tight and not worn anywhere. I wish i could say that about rubber.I wont go back .But they are higher in cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2