+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Braided Hoses

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Looking for Braided Hoses

Hey guys,

Just wondering if someone out there can help me out. Preferably in the US. If I wait until November, I'll be back in Germany. I am trying to get new hoses for my Prism2, but I want to do things a bit differently. I want my O2 side to be either green or blue, and my DIL side to remain black. I want either double braided or miflex style hoses. I haven't been able to find anything online in the lengths that I need. If you've done this to yours, please let me know if you used different length hoses.

Anyhow:

O2: 38" QD, 23" Regulator and 41" HP.
    DIL: 36"QD, 38"QD and 41" HP.

If you've changed around hose lengths, I'm curious as to what you changed.

Thanks for any and all help.

Chris

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Looking for Braided Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if someone out there can help me out. Preferably in the US. If I wait until November, I'll be back in Germany. I am trying to get new hoses for my Prism2, but I want to do things a bit differently. I want my O2 side to be either green or blue, and my DIL side to remain black. I want either double braided or miflex style hoses. I haven't been able to find anything online in the lengths that I need. If you've done this to yours, please let me know if you used different length hoses.

Anyhow:

O2: 38" QD, 23" Regulator and 41" HP.
    DIL: 36"QD, 38"QD and 41" HP.

If you've changed around hose lengths, I'm curious as to what you changed.

Thanks for any and all help.

Chris
    Lots to choose from here:

http://store.diveaddicts.com/technical-diving-hoses

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    They don't carry long enough HP hoses, and the QD hoses aren't popping up. Thanks anyway.

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

You might also try northeastscubasupply.com in norristown pa.john will ship anywhere via dhl.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    They don't carry long enough HP hoses, and the QD hoses aren't popping up. Thanks anyway.
    You might send them and email (or call)... they also own subgravity and can probably have custom made hoses for you. Not sure you will find better pricing and shipping costs. They are rebreather divers so they should be able to help a fellow RBer out.

RBW Member chris375 is an unknown quantity at this point chris375's Avatar

You might try here: http://ccr-support.de
    They offer flex and regular hoses in custom length. Shipping to Us shouldn't be a big deal

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I still wouldn't touch a braided HP hose with a 10 foot pole.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I still wouldn't touch a braided HP hose with a 10 foot pole.
    They really aren't as bad as you remember, some - but not all, of them last for over 10 dives.
    I just avoid braided hoses completely, doesnt matter if they are LP or HP hoses.

Michael

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    They really aren't as bad as you remember, some - but not all, of them last for over 10 dives.
    I just avoid braided hoses completely, doesnt matter if they are LP or HP hoses.

Michael

Yes, I am slowly but surely returning to rubber hoses as things need replacing.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Returning to rubber for what reasons? Internal wear and chunks breaking off like I've seen pictures of? Price?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast