+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gas analysis for 94% O2?

RBW Member Chris_H is an unknown quantity at this point Chris_H's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Gas analysis for 94% O2?

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    My understanding, based on 5 minutes on Wikipedia (i.e. very likely incorrect), was that concentrators (and possibly generators?) stripped ONLY nitrogen from air, leaving both oxygen and argon. A proportional increase of ~4.5x of both could result in o2 in the mid 90s, and argon in the 4-5 ish range. But then again, I might be completely missing the way it works. I'm hoping someone in the know will chime in.
    I did some more Googling as well, and you guys are likely correct (or I'm likely incorrect ) and the impurity isn't nitrogen.

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H;479978
    Before I began working in the lab, I used a Lawrence Factor lab to analyze a sample from my compressor. [url
    http://www.lawrence-factor.com/sec_analysis.html[/url]
    Last time I checked Lawrence Factor used FTIR so they wouldn't be able to pick out argon or nitrogen.

RBW Member mrmints is an unknown quantity at this point mrmints's Avatar
    Sentinel #262

Classic KISS

Hello Moose-Grunt,

My laboratories (family company) will run an analysis (GC) of your gas if you send us in your sample. It's not going to be particularly cheap to get it here as we're based in South Wales, UK. However, we'd be happy to help.

PM me if you're interested.

I hope I am not in breach of any forum rules here. If I all of a sudden start getting business from people wanting to analyse their gas in my labs, I will become a sponsor in a flash!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2