+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Oxidation on smb connectors

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Re: Oxidation on smb connectors

Just came across this following the sudden death of a cell at the weekend. Cell is a APD 16 April 2016 so getting on a bit! Was diving last Monday (18/09) and it was working fine, in line with the other two. Went to use RB on Saturday past and immediately "cell failure, replace cell 2" thought possibly a loose fitting but took scrubber apart and cell connector off to find a dark coloured "gunk" on both cell and connector. I tried cleaning it off a bit and also tried cell in different position but it was still coming up with a cell failure.
    On closer inspection the cell "looks" as though the top circuit board has been fried. I've had cells fail on me before but never this suddenly. I've compared it to other similar older cells (narked @90) and the top circuit board does appear different in terms of the corrosion or whatever it is?
    Price to installing the cells I put some Deoxit gold on all the connectors. Cells 1 and 3 have no corrosion compared to cell 2 which has popped it's clogs! I'll try and post a pic of the cellIMG_20170924_161341807.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TheBcDiver; 25th September 2017 at 20:49. Reason: Predictive text!

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Bottom pic is an old narked @90 cell for comparison

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

Hi

I Can't manage to find deoxit spray, just deoxit gold oil. Could it be used, or there is a substitute spray?

Regards

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

pro gold is better for connectors, the regular deoxit is for stubborn oxidation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6