+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titan 3 button gas block

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Re: Titan 3 button gas block

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Be careful because from memory the valve for the O2 and the bottom is recessed, so the small tool might not work. I am trying to find my barrel shaped one before I use mine again because they need to be stripped and cleaned regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dave,
    if you get desperate, you can fashion one from 22mm copper pipe, it's a bit soft but can usually be made to work
    Last edited by Simon A; 12th July 2016 at 22:45. Reason: Spelling, as usual

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

I think I'll do that, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Hanna oceans11diver will become famous soon enough oceans11diver will become famous soon enough oceans11diver will become famous soon enough oceans11diver's Avatar
    Poseidon MK-6 and SEVEN

Inspiration, titan

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    ok...thanks for that!
    I'll order it today & continue this thread on my results.
    Fair warning ! before you try to removed off board gas button from the block remove the off board male plug in at the bottom of the block. Then put in a heated sonic cleaner with a mild solution I recommend for 3 hours at first pushing all the manual add buttons every 15 minutes after this process then attempt to use the tool make sure to keep tool flat with button if buttons will not release by hand strength repeat sonic cleaner process. If you use any more than hand strength you WILL strip the tabs on the button and you will have the problem of damaging the button or the block. Two problems you may have is off board add button is stuck open or o-ring is broke on the outside of button allowing bypass.

I recommend disassemble and cleaning block after every ocean trip the aluminum block corrodes very fast

There is a brass block out there that does hold up better but still needs cleaning

hope this helps

Mike

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Another solution might be to change the offboard connection to an Omniswivel QD with check valve. It may not be a real cure, but should stop the symptom. The part is about $53, but then you also have to add QD sockets to your offboard supply regs.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

unfortunately the tool from DGE only works for the Dil button that is just slightly recessed. The O2 & offboard buttons are recessed a lot more & will either need the SA69 tool from Trident or try the copper pipe trick.
    I've received word from the seller that he bought this block used from AH but never used it. Thanks AH for checking it out before selling it to him!! I see a LOT of what looks to be tribolube in the recess after removing the Dil button/valve. Is this common practice to pack the recess with tribolube?

Damn...AH wants $39+sh for the tool
    Last edited by FrancoC; 16th July 2016 at 00:05.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    unfortunately the tool from DGE only works for the Dil button that is just slightly recessed. The O2 & offboard buttons are recessed a lot more & will either need the SA69 tool from Trident or try the copper pipe trick.
    I've received word from the seller that he bought this block used from AH but never used it. Thanks AH for checking it out before selling it to him!! I see a LOT of what looks to be tribolube in the recess after removing the Dil button/valve. Is this common practice to pack the recess with tribolube?

Damn...AH wants $39+sh for the tool
    I do not know if it is common practice or not. I do know that if you get a bit of crap stuck in one of the valves and it causes it to leak, many times just blow through it will not free the crap out, but a dab of grease will do the trick. Perhaps someone just got a bit carried away? Plenty of grease may help prevent the build up of corrosion as quickly also.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Follow up:
    Got the tool from AH & took the buttons/valves out. Soaked everything in 50-50 white vinegar- water & fresh water rinse. Replaced the small o-ring on the off board valve. Issue resolved!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Glad it worked out. Do you happen to remember what size that o-ring was?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

rEvo III mini

I'm pretty sure it was the same as the LP hose
    AS-568B = 010
    Nominal Ref # = ID 1/4...OD 3/8...CS (width) 1/16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2