+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titan 3 button gas block

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Titan 3 button gas block

So i bought the block from a user on here & he said the block had less than 10 dives (most of my dives are fresh water except for dive trips so wasn't worried bout the type of block). Anyways, i get the hoses from OO & output connector from AH & go to the swamp today. Splash & press dil button & see half the gas coming out the offboard port. Try the O2 button & same thing. Also noticed white tribolube(?) coming out the offboard port. Any ideas?

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Re: Titan 3 button gas block

Do you have the tool to pull out the valves? If the Dil and O2 don't leak until you press them, then those two valves are probably OK, and you could have a split o-ring on the valve for the offboard. Did the unit hold its pos and neg test?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

unit didnt have a strong pos/neg hold, now that you bring it up. At the lake the offboard only leaked when either O2 or Dil buttons were pushed. I later put it in a pool & a 1/8" bubble stream flowed from the offboard fitting. I don't have the tool but i think i can get one from Trident, correct?

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

check valve mounted backwards on the offboard input?

Michael

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I do not think these have any type of check valves on them.

Usually this is always the fault of the offboard valve itself. when in the water it is not sealed and water will get into the lower fitting and will never be rinsed good. Corrosion will start and the leak begins.

After the repair is done, make sure to flush out the lower area of the offboard during your rinse by pushing both the dil and offboard buttons. It is not the perfect solution but it will help greatly.

I thin the Titan block is made from aluminum and it is critical that it is taken apart and cleaned regularly to prevent corrosion that prohibits the disassembly. The delrin ones (rEvo or Curts) do not have this issue.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

rEvo III mini

so it's a matter of disassembling the offboard button/valve & changing o-ring? This is the tool I thought wss the correct one fors_td_SA69.gif the Titan...SA69, from Trident

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    so it's a matter of disassembling the offboard button/valve & changing o-ring? This is the tool I thought wss the correct one forAttachment 41798 the Titan...SA69, from Trident
    That's the correct tool to remove the valve, however https://www.divegearexpress.com/infl...l-w-o-ring-kit will remove the valve and also has the correct size hex holes so you can also use it to disassemble the valve once it is removed (and comes with an O ring kit to rebuild the valve).

rEvo III mini

ok...thanks for that!
    I'll order it today & continue this thread on my results.

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    That's the correct tool to remove the valve, however https://www.divegearexpress.com/infl...l-w-o-ring-kit will remove the valve and also has the correct size hex holes so you can also use it to disassemble the valve once it is removed (and comes with an O ring kit to rebuild the valve).
    Be careful because from memory the valve for the O2 and the bottom is recessed, so the small tool might not work. I am trying to find my barrel shaped one before I use mine again because they need to be stripped and cleaned regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast