+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petrel/Vision?Narked Cable Question

RBW Member fibre is an unknown quantity at this point fibre's Avatar

Petrel/Vision?Narked Cable Question

I have a narked 3 cell monitoring cable connecting a Petrel to my vision via smb T's.

If I connect my Petrel to the cable and turn it on, I get a set of readings that appear lower than I would expect. The mV readings on each of my AP16s are around 8mV instead of the expected 10mV - thus giving a O2 of 16% for air

The moment I turn on the vision handset, the reading on the petrel increase (to 21%) - and the handset and petrel are in agreement.

Now I always planned for the Petrel to act as a backup in case I have a catastrophic failure of the controllers, unlikely I know, but I like backups. However from these tests, that wouldnt work.

The question is, is this normal behaviour and if so, how do you plan for a handset failure knowing that the PPO2 readings are lower than they should be.

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Re: Petrel/Vision?Narked Cable Question

Shouldn't´t behave like this, but I had the same experience with my VRx (single cell).
    The connectors are advertised as isolated.
    Some say it works, but I doubt they did proper testing.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

The problem with building add on cables for an Inspo is that you can't add anything to the Inspo side.
    You can put isolation into the cable you are adding so that anything you do to it (flood the connector) doesn't affect the Inspo electronics. But you can't modify the inspo bits.

I'd sugest ringing or emailing Narked@90 and asking them, they are very helpful, and realy know their stuff.

RBW Member fibre is an unknown quantity at this point fibre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    I'd sugest ringing or emailing Narked@90 and asking them, they are very helpful, and realy know their stuff.
    I spoke to Narkd earlier in the week - excellent customer service by the way.....

They say that the cells will read lower ( around 8% ) when both units are connected - which I understand.

The question now is, what would I do in the event of a diconnected handset or petrel. In theory, the cells will have a higher voltage which means that the actual po2 will be lower than the computer reports and your decompression is compromised.

+ Reply to Thread