+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Made the plunge

Evo Driver - no standing! fr0sty8 is an unknown quantity at this point fr0sty8's Avatar

Made the plunge

I finally did it, made the plunge for an Evolution. I should see it by the beginning of next week. After months of long and hard debating on what would fit my needs best for the type of diving I do presently and future I thought the Evo would be best. Any words of wisdom would be great.

Erik

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Made the plunge

Congratulations.

Always know your pO2 and don't ever get complacent. ;)

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Yep,
    I've just (this weekend) qualified myself.
    Assuming your not already RB qualified.
    At some point in your course you'll probably feel you'll never get it. However refuse all silly offers for your unit, and persevere, it will be worth it.

Simon A

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Congrats!! I think you'll love it...but i'm biassed. take it slow and easy... Realize that all the bells and whistles can actually make it more dangerous to dive an eCCR if you let them become a crutch...don't just know your PO2, think about it as you monitor it, don't get lulled by repetition into looking but not seeing!
    oh, and you might want to replace the lower left standard "D" ring with a stationary "D" ring to make clipping and unclipping the bail out easier...it can be a bear.
    that's my 2 cents.

Know the wreck below? Dave Faye will become famous soon enough Dave Faye will become famous soon enough Dave Faye will become famous soon enough Dave Faye's Avatar

I love my Evo. I agree that it can be a little tough cliping and uncliping a bailout bottle from the lower D-rings.

+ Reply to Thread