+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VR3, VRx mounting

RBW Member Hornet85 is an unknown quantity at this point Hornet85's Avatar
    Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

VR3, VRx mounting

Hello out ther i got 2 VR3 and 1 VRx oLED. but iam not to happy with the original straps.
    Have been diving VR3 since 2004, but first now i have been thinking abut fixing this...

Is ther any bungee mount options for this? have any one made some DIY maybe?

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: VR3, VRx mounting

I made a bungee plate for my VR3 fairly early after I bought it.

Cut a piece off the end of some PVC pipe, slit it and flattened it in the oven. Used a bandsaw (but hey, snips, a hacksaw or a decent are fine on PVC) to cut to shape so I had tabs out for the bungee and tabs in under the watch pin and strap slot, then used a little butane torch to heat the fold lines and bent everything to shape.

There's probably tidier ones but after three years this hasn't budged, it's rock solid and it was cheap as chips!

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

That is looking good :) i will try this

May be to simple?
    Attached Images

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

KISS is allways the best option :)

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Maskenlos  View Original Post
    May be to simple?
    Love it. Do you find the straps are too close together, though? I made my plate to spread it out a bit, so it didn't pinch my arm and to keep the computer stable.

Fully accept that it may have been overkill, never tried this simple of simple ways!

No, the straps are not too close together. Even the heavy VR3 does not tilt. I never experienced any issues with the strap mounting so close together.

+ Reply to Thread