+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Sodasorb to Bonaire

RBW Member fdo is an unknown quantity at this point fdo's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Bringing Sodasorb to Bonaire

Hi,

Does anyone has experience bringing sodasorb into Bonaire? Do they have any import tariffs?

Thanks,

Fdo

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Bringing Sodasorb to Bonaire

Why would they have import tarifs. Unless You want to Bring a lot to sell. If for your own use I cant imagine, You don't have to pay for your toothpaste either unless you ship a container.

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Hi,

Agree it does not make sense. But other locations (Indonesia) do have such arbitrary rules. Just want to make I do not have the sodasorb "confiscated".

Thanks,

Fdo

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fdo  View Original Post
    Hi,

Does anyone has experience bringing sodasorb into Bonaire? Do they have any import tariffs?

Thanks,

Fdo
    I took a keg to Bonaire in November 2015 with no problems. I printed out the attached Safety Data Sheet and letter from Molecular products and put them in the bag with the keg. I also kept copies with me.

Karpata is a great rebreather dive and so is the Windjammer. Have fun!

max

Sofnolimesup797Nonindicating_SDS.pdf
    Transport-of-Sofnolime-Declaration.pdf

Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Max,

Excellent. Thanks so much.

Fernando

Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Max,

Great. Thanks.

Fdo

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Why would they have import tarifs. Unless You want to Bring a lot to sell. If for your own use I cant imagine, You don't have to pay for your toothpaste either unless you ship a container.

Some countries have been known to tax expensive gear coming in. Best advice, don't say anything about what you have unless it is absolutely necessary. And ditch those stupid "I dive expensive gear" bags and boxes people travel with advertising that they are big badass tech divers. Go in under the radar, act like a tourist... leave stickers and logos at home.

Same goes for checking in at the counter, TSA, and customs. Learn from the mistakes of others who have gone before you.

RBW Member Smithmoore is an unknown quantity at this point Smithmoore's Avatar

Buddy Dive has it on the island write them.

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

Don't know why you're using Sodasorb but I bring a keg of (unopened) Sofnolime in a suitcase without incident. I use a suitcase (with MSDS for TSA and Invoice for customs inspectors inside) to avoid the questions of uninformed airline people.
    You will have to pay duty on the sorb (if asked) so the invoice proves value but I've never been asked at the airport in Bonaire.
    Buddy Dive has Sofnolime 812 for about $250+/- a 44#keg. You can buy it cheaper at Add Helium $150+/- but if you add baggage charges for an "extra" suitcase you might want to just buy it at Buddy Dive. Contact:tekdiving@buddydive.com and ask MrG or Augusto for information and availability.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpement  View Original Post
    Don't know why you're using Sodasorb but I bring a keg of (unopened) Sofnolime in a suitcase without incident. I use a suitcase (with MSDS for TSA and Invoice for customs inspectors inside) to avoid the questions of uninformed airline people.
    You will have to pay duty on the sorb (if asked) so the invoice proves value but I've never been asked at the airport in Bonaire.
    Buddy Dive has Sofnolime 812 for about $250+/- a 44#keg. You can buy it cheaper at Add Helium $150+/- but if you add baggage charges for an "extra" suitcase you might want to just buy it at Buddy Dive. Contact:tekdiving@buddydive.com and ask MrG or Augusto for information and availability.
    250 dollar ??? For how much sorb ? I pay 85€ for two small containers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast