+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P2 calibration kit

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

P2 calibration kit

Hey guys,

A while back there was someone making some calibration kits for the Hollis Prism2. It was a very old thread and I don't believe anyone is making them anymore.

By chance does anyone have one that they're willing to sell? Is anyone producing them?

Thanks.

Chris

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: P2 calibration kit

Yes, I have one. Matt, makes them. Let me ask him, I'll let you know.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Yes, I have one. Matt, makes them. Let me ask him, I'll let you know.

Best regards,
    What exactly is in a P2 Calibration Kit?

m

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

It was a large red soft cap that fit over the head where the bucket goes, designed to allow calibration without having to waste O2 by filling the entire bucket multiple times (as per the checklist). There were a couple of other small parts with it I believe but that was the biggest convenience it offered. Not a bad idea overall...

-Adrian

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

There are 2 caps. 1 cap covers the inhale side the other cap covers the exhale side. 1 cap has a mushroom valve. Then where scrubber bucket goes is a small rubber boot.

I have the kit and I can tell you that it is incredibly time-saveing and saves tons of O2 gas. Matt is traveling at the current moment but I've already reached out to him and should hear from him very soon in regards to the availability of these kits.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

I'd be interested as well!

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

If he's still making them I'd be interested too.

Thanks!
    -Adrian

RBW Member Smithmoore is an unknown quantity at this point Smithmoore's Avatar

Me too

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

If anyone is interested in purchasing a P2 Calibration Kit, email me at matthewaddison1@mac.com. The kits are $50.

Using this kit cuts the O2 usage from 250-300 psi to flood the system to 2 - 3 psi. The rebreather doesn't need to be set up to calibrate. The LP nipple is on the exhale plug so if the solenoid won't fire because of a "CAL FAIL" on all 3 sensors it is easy to flood the head with O2 using the O2 LP hose.
    Attached Images
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post
    If anyone is interested in purchasing a P2 Calibration Kit, email me at matthewaddison1@mac.com. The kits are $50.

Using this kit cuts the O2 usage from 250-300 psi to flood the system to 2 - 3 psi. The rebreather doesn't need to be set up to calibrate. The LP nipple is on the exhale plug so if the solenoid won't fire because of a "CAL FAIL" on all 3 sensors it is easy to flood the head with O2 using the O2 LP hose.
    This kit will save you a lot of time and a huge amount of 02 gas!!! This is a must get item if you own a Hollis Prism 2 to calibrate the sensors.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast